Improvised or DIY Pack Straps | Squat the Planet

Improvised or DIY Pack Straps

A

AlwaysLost

I have a problem, only you can help, If I can find them. I need ... The squat team!

OK today I got an old jansport external frame backpack from Sally's. The straps were ripped off the top but for 0.99$ its a significant upgrade to what I have now.

The straps are connected to the pack with lynchpins attached to the cans.

So masters of the road, princes of innovation how do I rig some new straps on the cheap? Right now I'm using an extra belt and some bungees.

Thanks everyone!

HoboinaTux

Reaction score
I had my pack stolen in LA while I was sleeping one time. I usually use it as a pillow but sometimes I roll off it. Anyway, the only suitable replacement I found afterwards was a frame pack with no straps. I wound up buying a baby blanket, splitting it in half, and using cordage to attach it to the frame. A bit of my dogs (who is apparently a GREAT guard dog) long line for the waist strap. It required an adjustment or two after some miles set it in. Worked great though. All in all great for under 10 bucks.

Definitely avoid using anything thin. Don't want a pinched nerve. Make sure you use a waist belt as well.

• Useful
Reactions: AAAutin
A

AlwaysLost

I had my pack stolen in LA while I was sleeping one time. I usually use it as a pillow but sometimes I roll off it. Anyway, the only suitable replacement I found afterwards was a frame pack with no straps. I wound up buying a baby blanket, splitting it in half, and using cordage to attach it to the frame. A bit of my dogs (who is apparently a GREAT guard dog) long line for the waist strap. It required an adjustment or two after some miles set it in. Worked great though. All in all great for under 10 bucks.

Definitely avoid using anything thin. Don't want a pinched nerve. Make sure you use a waist belt as well.

Thanks man! The kidney belt is still good thankful ly

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads