If your doing Ak for the first time and need info, hmu. (1 Viewer)

MrFeels

Rambler
Reaction score
Homebase
Homer Alaska
I know most of the State, good places for work, camping, hitching, hopping, etc. I would start listing things now, but It's a massive massive state with so many places that it would take hours to write Every potential resource. So feel free to ask. If I don't know it, I know someone who does. Hopefully by end of summer we should have a good reference guide page up

Last edited:
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Homebase
Foothills of the Cascades, western WA
Kind of a lazy thread post IMO. No offense to you or anything....but don't you think it would be better to make a post where you list some of the best places to work/camp/hop instead of just saying "hit me up if you want to know"?

What would this forum look like if everyone just came on here and posted threads saying, "I know some good places to work and hitchhike from. Hit me up".

Think about it.

IMO that's something better to just state in your About Me section on your own profile.

Doc Road

Wanderer
Reaction score
Homebase
..Earth..
Hey there. I'm in Homer. Need to catch a ferry in Whittier AK. Looks like riding my bike is not a good option dew to the tunnel. Just wondering how easy to get a ride N such. Any thoughts on things to see here and on the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $60.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $60.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $60.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.