I saw the light in 2014

Reaction score
Website
www.kingherog.be
I saw the nomad light in 2014. I took my backpack, walked out of the front door and started hitchhiking.
England, Scotland, 1 month in Ireland, 2 weeks in Iceland, 1 month in Canada and 6 months in the US of which 3 months in a canoe rowing down the Mississippi.

Now back in Belgium I desperately want to reconnect to those strange and fun people I met on the road.
Then I came across Stp and I instantly wanted to become an active member!

Now I still have to work ( a good job but an unfulfilling lifestyle) for about 7 months until I will make my own gypsy wagon and basically become a true gypsy.

roguetrader

Reaction score
are you gonna tow your wagon with a horse ? tthere's a thriving scene of people living like this in the UK - it's a hard life and you gotta keep moving regularly to find new grazing for the horses - but it keeps you travelling and has a cuteness factor that means you are frequently treated better than vehicle dwellers ! so good luck on that front.... you can never be a true gypsy though - the Roma are a distinct racial group and unless you are born Romany you can never be one !

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP! Looks like you've traveled to some interesting places - good luck on the gypsy wagon :)

Reaction score
Website
www.kingherog.be
are you gonna tow your wagon with a horse ? tthere's a thriving scene of people living like this in the UK - it's a hard life and you gotta keep moving regularly to find new grazing for the horses - but it keeps you travelling and has a cuteness factor that means you are frequently treated better than vehicle dwellers ! so good luck on that front.... you can never be a true gypsy though - the Roma are a distinct racial group and unless you are born Romany you can never be one !
My horse drinks diesel and biodiesel. I know of the new gypsies in the uk. Horses are an option but not for now...
I know of the Roma racial group...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads