I have cancer | Squat the Planet

I have cancer

Dmac

Reaction score
so i found out that i have cancer. it has metastisized (spread everywhere). i always thought i would die of liver failure or something related to drinking the hard stuff for 30 some years. wish i could say that i will go out with a bang, but i will probably just hit the road and fade away. there is still so much to see, and do. maybe i will get the time to see more. i hope to, but i don't plan on rolling over and dying today, besides there are a lot of folks i plan on slapping first.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Don't know ya,but am sorry to read this ! Do like that you'll keep on getting it!

E

Earth

Hey Bro, now that you've got cancer, even though it has spread - you've got a chance - a chance to still get healthy if you really really radically change your lifestyle.... check out info from Dr. Gary Null http://www.garynull.com/ if you want to try and turn your life around....

Believe me, I have a friend who was rooming with a cat who found out he had full blown AIDS, this is going back a while... well, John turned right around and said "man that's great, now you've got the chance to become the healthiest man in the world" and as incredible as this sounds - he did - no one could ever tell he had AIDS once he got his shit straight.

I'm seeing the Dr next week, an Indian cat... and I'm sure he's going to have some bad news even though on the outside I now look the perfect picture of health, but again - thirty years of hard drinking - I know there's damage - but now I'm willing to do whatever it takes to right those wrongs, because I ain't going down that easy....

You hang in there and don't let that shit beat you without a fight!!
Start being your own best friend and help your body the best you can...

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
I hardly ever talk about this but I had stage three blood cancer when I was 23, I had all kinds of treatments and a bone marrow transfusion. I spent over a year in bed or wrapped around a toilet, so sick I almost wanted to die. That shit cost me my job, my marriage and all my money (I used to pinch every penny). When I got better I was ready to really live everyday to the fullest so I started traveling and never looked back. I guess what I'm getting at is when your dying you learn what if is to truly live. Here's to hoping you kick cancer square in the ass.

Nelco

Reaction score
damn dude
i just had a bout with the emergency room and my white blood cells were high and i had abnormal amounts of keetones...i'm fucking scared man..I haven't told anyone about it....don't want all that drama around me...i gotta go do the specailist thing..they told me 8 years ago I may have issues like this later..but how the fuck am i supposed to pay to a specailist...it's just me and god walking this road together

there's a kid named freedom running around that has cancer too...nice dude...if he's still out there..the cancer was pretty bad last time i seen him, but he was up and drinking and traveling
I guess it's time for you to live life like your dieing
some picture post of your travels would be cool...you know..

CrotchInfection

Reaction score
I don't know you man, but I'm sorry. Cancer is a whore.

I do biochemical research on cancer cells for the university I attend..... the cancer cells literally live forever if supplied with enough nutrients. Sadly, every cancer is different from another, so that there hasn't been much in the way of cures done yet from a standpoint of scientific research. Also, it scares me to death every time I think about accidentally getting a cancer cell or two into my bloodstream, which would plant a tumor somewhere in my body without having required the years that a "homegrown" cancer cell would have needed to progress to the level of the cells I use everyday. Ugh,

Do you happen to know where the cancer originated, or where the first tumor started? Maybe I could point you in a good direction if I know specifically what type of cancer you have.

Honestly though, my thoughts are with you. I hope it works out for ya, but if it don't, then fuckin go out with a bang and make damn well sure you are happy as could be! Cheers!

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
He was alive yesterday, I'm gonna be positive and assume he's still alive today. 7 years with cancer, man you're really giving it hell. How's your overall health these days @Dmac? What's your secret? It's cannabis isn't it?

Dmac

Reaction score
Forgot I had posted this. Doing remarkably well it’s been in remition for a couple years now. Lifestyle changes and a lot of time at the VA for procedures I don’t want to talk about. On a healthy eating and exercising kick now, got my energy back and feel better. Oh yeah, lots and LOTS of pot has been, and will be smoked.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
God damnit @Dmac that's good to hear. Stay with us, brother. It would be nice to actually meet ya in person sometime. Best wishes and safe travels!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Forgot I had posted this. Doing remarkably well it’s been in remition for a couple years now. Lifestyle changes and a lot of time at the VA for procedures I don’t want to talk about. On a healthy eating and exercising kick now, got my energy back and feel better. Oh yeah, lots and LOTS of pot has been, and will be smoked.

We have exchanged a bit of banter over the years... I was not aware of your life challenge. Glad your getting through it and getting better.

Never give up... Take care and "cheers"

::drinkingbuddy::

Reactions: Dmac

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads