I have a question for you guys

NomadicHippie

Reaction score
Hello! I've been a lurker for a while now but I decided I need some advice and I would start participating on this site(I fucking love it!). So anyways I have severe Seasonal Affective Disorder and I tend to get these crazy ideas during the winter so I'm not sure if this is a good or terrible idea. I'm currently 16(almost 17) and I have a family member that lives in Los Angeles and I want to ask him if I can live with him until the spring. I want to go out there because there is currently no jobs here until the spring and I'm so fucking sick of the cold. I do online schooling and I have my own vehicle so I don't have to worry about that.
However my girlfriend doesn't want me to go because I would be gone for 3 months at least and she has separation issues so it would be tough for her. I really want to go out there because there's a ton of job opportunities, I can run a couple of side businesses that would make me a bit of money and the best of all, I can get away from the cold to explore and entire new city(I've always dreamed of going to LA)
So what do you guys think? Is it a crazy idea or should I go for it?

MarsOrScars

Reaction score
Website
knotcraft.net
You're 16, not like married or anything. If your girl doesn't understand that you are still trying to build a life for yourself then perhaps she is not the one for you mate. Of course I wouldn't just break it off, I'd suggest she could message on you skype or arrange to have her come visit during spring break or something.

Seriously, personal experience speaking here, I've been held back by highschool sweetheart relationships before. If I had to do anything over again, I would have just focused more on my personal goals between 17-21 and possibly come out on top with my own source of income. But hey, life's an experience and a constant battle between nature and practicality.

K

Kim Chee

Usually they start that shit after you get married.

Offer her the opportunity to go and when she can't tell her you'll miss her.

There are lots of hot women in L.A., there's no reason to go back in the spring.

I hope you have the answer you were looking for.

Welcome!

NomadicHippie

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the replies! I talked to her again and she's more understanding of what I'm trying to accomplish. Everyone seems cool with the idea so hopefully I'll be outta here in a couple weeks. And lol I wish I didn't have to come back but once May comes around I'll only have a year left and then me and my girl plan to go traveling and and move out of this cold miserable place haha

Reactions: Chaseur

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
where is this cold and miserable place located?

• Haha
Reactions: Chaseur

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
ya better be faithfull, mofo, since it is you who are oulling this shit & not her.

# 1) if you've had sex, you've made a serious emotional commitment, or have lead her to believe so if that's what it meant to her.. not to be mean, but to be factual.. yer a scumbag if you leave her behind & hookup elsewhere just because that's what's easiest for you.. this "breaking it off shit" after you've already given yer assertion that you'll try your best for her happiness & she's placed her faith in you is a bullshit your soul is worth damning over..

but, if you don't fuck around & hold fast on your end, then like folks say above, she'll understand.. will *have* to understand (otherwise she doesn't actually care about you, but just about what she *wants*, which is why you *don't* fuck & promise to begin with, before you know this shit..).

sounds like she loves you.

make sure you don't fuck up during the separation..

love is better 24 hour sunlight, my friend..

just fucking remember that..

if you are "nearly 17" & you have somebody who loves you enough to support your freedom, you are one of the luckiest motherfuckers there are in america, & if you have to actually & truly choose between *that* & bearing the weight of winter, then my advice is you wash dishes so that you can afford a sunlamp & electricity for the 4 months that mother nature is going to bum you out for.

do *NOT* get me wrong..
i admire you greatly, greatly, *greatly* for wanting to work..
you sound right-fucking-on..

she's lucky, too..

but don't think you need what you want, more than what love needs..

nothing sucks worse than a guy who makes a promise & then pisses on it, just because he's too far away to see, & have to deal with, the consequences..

you **DO NOT** want to start doing that shit when you are young..

the day you do is the day your fucking power begins to die..

so.. if you've made a promise, & she loves you enough to let you do what you need to sustain your health & your strength, in order that you might return to her more whole (& thus more able to grow the fucking promise between you), get yer fucking ass back to her, brother, because She is among the Best...

no fucking kidding..

& then *you* give Her what she needs...

anyways...

hit me up if there's serious need.

Peace,

J

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads