• Hey folks, we've recently updated the forum software and are in the middle of getting everything back in place. I hope to have everything back online soon!

I got a new puppy!

iamwhatiam

Mossback
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
puppy.jpg
Got a blue heeler puppy this morning and just wanted to share!!! My first dog ever. He's such a sweetheart and very mellow for a heeler. Was gonna add a couple more photos but my phone's not cooperating atm. Meet Shadow! Can't wait to bring him on the road with me soon.

T

tacology

I deleted myself
He looks super cute! I love his colouring!

Take as many pictures as you can while he's a puppy.. They grow up so fast :')

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
He's ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your new fur baby!!!

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Current Location
Albany NY
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Awww what a babe!! Have fun traveling together

Matt Derrick

StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
So adorable, i'm very interested in getting a blue heeler so I'd like to see more posts as he grows up, and I'm curious what your experience will be with him

Sent from my LG-H815 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
I used to have a blue heeler I named Willis.

I used to get the strangest looks when I told people what his name was...as if a dog couldn't be called Willis or something.

Good, smart dogs.
image.jpeg

Current Location
Florence, OR
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
awesome man. take care of him. with travel its all about him mostly. beats a damn human come along any fucking day

OP
OP
iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Mossback
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
awesome man. take care of him. with travel its all about him mostly. beats a damn human come along any fucking day
for sure. i plan to take the best care of him so he's around for many years. If I have to sell my truck and all my belongings to pay for a surgery he needs, i will do it. i'll go hungry before i let him. he's my little buddy and comes first!

Current Location
Florence, OR
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
Damn right man. i'm guessing castration? definitely good to do. and if you feed and keep your dog active vets can be kind of avoided besides some of the legal vaccs that you need. willingly admit i haven't really had my dude to a vet in a few years.

OP
OP
iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Mossback
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Damn right man. i'm guessing castration? definitely good to do. and if you feed and keep your dog active vets can be kind of avoided besides some of the legal vaccs that you need. willingly admit i haven't really had my dude to a vet in a few years.
Yea, vet says earliest they cut balls off is 6 months...so I still have time to threaten the little one when he's bein naughty. Do you give him the shots yourself?

Current Location
Florence, OR
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
haha very cool looking little fella. no I go to clinics or some pet stores have them or city humane societies. got my dude a 3 year rabies update for like ten bucks last year. vets present an expensive service and recommend unnecessary needs

klaiash

Wayfarer
Current Location
Ventura
Reactions
89% 2% 10%
Heelers are my favorite breed. I miss mine so much and have been thinking about getting another. It makes my heart ache (in a great way) to see yours all grown up in your profile picture.

Donate to StP!

Hey folks, the donation widget is temporarily broken, so if you'd like to donate to help keep StP going with the paypal link below, I would sure appreciate it! There's a lot of new features I'm looking forward to bringing to the site (but unfortunately they cost money).

https://www.paypal.me/MatthewDerrick

Latest Status Updates

Found my first legit squat, pretty stoked about that.
Lots of positive things on the new format, the info on each member shows when they appear on a thread. I dig that a lot.
creature wrote on PeaceLoveHarmony's profile.
Peace, looks like you made it out of Prunedale ok!!

How was/is the show???
Halfmoon bay from monterey. Who out and about