I can see why so many homeless abuse meth | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

I can see why so many homeless abuse meth

noothgrush

Reaction score
and at some point, employers find out and fire the indivdual. I lived in a tweaky part of AZ so saw it all the time. They're good until their erratic behavior gets them fired... then they still need a fix.
Right I'm not denying that's the case for most addicts. It just didn't happen too me. I got lucky I guess. I also quit heroin cold turkey and people don't believe I did. I know a lot of people who relapse. I just don't make a big deal about getting clean and I think that helps. It was just a page in my book of life.

Glass Roads

Reaction score
I get how some people could try it when they are younger, or not in a good place in their life (like being homeless). If one of my older siblings had offered it to me at a young age, no amount of DARE would prevent me from trying it.

That being said, A good friend of mine and his girlfriend were murdered over it, I have a cousin I have never met because he has been in and out of prison and does crazy violent shit on it, I have another cousin who got the FBI kicking in my grandmas door over them robbing houses and selling stuff across state lines, and I have yet another cousin who is waiting out his probation for the next 5 years to leave Washington and get back to Alaska. My half sister just lost her brother to suicide while he was all fucked up on it. When I help out Food Not Bombs in Spokane on occasion, there are a lot of people that are just not in a good way. Lots of fights and lots of vague paranoia.

I realize some people can actually try it and put it down, and some people use it until their lives are fucked. My family tends to be the latter, so I'm always gonna skip it, but I aint gonna judge nobody. But staying up for days on end screw with anyone psychologically, so I guess all I can to anyone is be extraordinarily careful.

Glad this is a previous chapter of your life and not an ongoing trilogy.

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust

AzureSoul

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Wow.

I guess I'm one of a kind.

I've been using almost as long as I've been smokin bud (16 Bud, 18ish otherwise), and (I attribute and thank RPGs and my "immaturity" - what others call me holding on to my Personality, perceptions, Ideals, Code of Honor, and Morals I swore at 8 years old to NEVER lose) I don't steal (made an oath at 21 that I've kept since - was stealin for bud/fun), and am not shady in any way (I do act like a 10 year old most of the time). I have left a LOT half-finished, tho...I can put it down for months at a time...but if anything (besides H - didn't like it) that alters my mind (and keeps me from sleeping - I hate sleeping!) comes freely, I'm doin it!

I take Karma and my Virtues VERY seriously (see my signature, it's the fabric of my behavioral universe), so as long as I continue to live by the credo "Karma provides" everything will turn out fine. As long as I keep up my Good Deeds, NEVER lie, and continue to live up to my Virtues...Karma will Provide.

It's my motto.

Now, I have been known to have flashbacks of being EXTREMELY lonely/scared due to MANY people screwing me over (taking my childish personality as weakness, I am also putting the things done to me VERY lightly) for YEARS (I kept going back cause I HATE - still now - being alone) repeatedly. Those attacks are rare, and copious amounts of bud keep those emotions in check (I have been known to spontaneously BAWL uncontrollably for HOURS if I don't smoke bud over a 48 to 72-hour period). As soon as I sleep, those emotions lessen (like boiling water cooling down) for a while.

I'm proud to be Junkie with a Code.

Reactions: wokofshame

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
Kinda an aside, but there is solid evidence that Donald Trump was prescribed amphetamines ("Tenuate Dospan" a so-called diet pill) in 1982 by a pill mill doctor, and there is a lot of testimony that he has been a user of designer amphetamines ever since.
If you watch his behavior it is extremely reminiscent of a tweeker.

What do tweakers and mormons have in common? They both ride bikes and go on missions

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
The only addiction I have is to STP.
I enjoy a good beer a couple of times a month, and some pot and shrooms very rarely but ive had close friends succumb to the harder drugs- no thanks. I'm not trying to live forever but I sure as hell don't want to go out that way.
We need more programs to help those with addiction.

Reactions: Prophetess333

Prophetess333

Reaction score
Meth is such a disgusting drug. Unfortunately i lived in area with a lot of people abusing it and other hard drugs.
I never have, i would say "don't touch that crap".
There's coffee and other ways to stay awake. Also people are compromised when on drugs or really drunk and that can lead to bad judgement and worse. I'm not against folks smoking a doobie or drinking, yet the hard crap has too many victims to list.

HashCache

Reaction score
I've been an addict for nearly 25 years. There have been a few years within those 25 years, where I quit but I eventually always went back to full time using. I messed up a lot of things in my life from excessive use. I know some things would improve if I stop. Everytime I stay sober for awhile, I just lose interest in everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. Because even doing things that a "normal" person would do for fun or things I always enjoyed doing when I was young, becomes a tedious task of bullshit. I become very spiteful and I obsess over getting revenge on people for the lamest reasons. This is what its like when I'm sober for awhile. When I'm on drugs, everything is fine and I can be chill and quietly exist amongst the rest of the world.
Sorry, I don't know why I'm posting all this. I guess I just really wanted to vent out to someone who might actually listen for once. I'll step down from the soapbox now..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads