I-95 | Squat the Planet

I-95

Dan0Eye

Reaction score
Planning on hitching up the east coast to Maine sometime mid-spring. I-95 seems to the be most straight forward route. Some folks I know have warned about the hassles of hitching the NE via this route. Checked state laws pertaining to hitching and outside of Penn and NJ, there doesn't seem to be any real legal issues. Anyone have experience with this route or suggestions? Thanks.

MunicipalWaylan

Reaction score
I just went hitching for the first time. I went down I-95 and couldn't get anywhere going south but I got two of the best rides I could imagine all the way back to NY from south of Richmond.

Bob

Reaction score
just do it.

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
I've never had trouble. I usually stick to trains, but even then Baltimore is kinda blown up, and Richmond too because of Yardsale's death at the Acca YD.

hshh

Reaction score
I 95 can suck between DC and boston since its so crowded. but if your lookin to actually see new england and the outdoors, i hitched up I81 through PA then to 84 and other varous roads into vermont and NH into maine and it was buetiful with tons of really nice people. and once in maine if you go farther north than portland route 1 is awsome goin up the coast through all the harbors and fishing towns.

Dan0Eye

Reaction score
Excellent. Thank you very much for the info. Most of the reason for aiming towards Maine was the wilderness aspect, I-95 seemed the most direct route. So now I have some other options.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads