Howdy!

mamajarp

Reaction score
Fairly new to this site, got some friends who use itt a lot but not me! Still explorin/findin my place here.

I'm a somewhat seasoned traveler; spent the last two summers hoppin/hitchin and I'm all around a wanderlustin little nut. Got the perma-travel-itch but am holdin' it down in Madison, with a job n a room n pets right now.

Anywhichway, I'm lookin' fer some down-south advice. My midwest blood aint as sturdy n thick as it used to be. In short, I kinda frikkin hate the cold. So I'm plannin on catchin up with some old road companions o mine in louisiana, and makin my way round the south where i havent been yet. any advice on places to hit up on the way down? I'm rubber-trampin' it, btw, until my car gives, then goin back to the steel trails that I long for. I'm plannin' a stop in STL, otherwise I'm a bit clueless. And I won't be goin fer a while yet here; not til tha damn Wisconsin winter winds start blowin my achin' heart outta town...so, rite round October sometime. Thanks to anybody ahead o time with advice/ideas...

catfish

Reaction score
savannah georgia is a cool place, hamlet north carolina, montgomery alabama, stay away from mobile and new orleans though. pensacola is cool too! those are the places i always make a point to stop at on the south east coast, but im sure you will have your own opinions of them.

good luck.

menu

Reaction score
savannah georgia is a cool place, hamlet north carolina, montgomery alabama, stay away from mobile and new orleans though. pensacola is cool too! those are the places i always make a point to stop at on the south east coast, but im sure you will have your own opinions of them.

good luck.

if you're gonna post places to not go, ie. nola, you should post a reason why. in my opinion neither of those places are bad. especially nola. I say go where you want man.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
Yeah I love NOLA. I've never had any real problems there. Been going there for 11 years now. Yeah Savannah was fun. Pensacola is ok for short visits. I made good money in mobile but never really went downtown so not real sure what its like. I usually just ride through it. Same with Montgomery. Parts of ATL are ok. And NOLA to ATL is a good ride.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I got mad love for Nola. I would totally recomend it!!! I'll be back there for halloween!! :)

mamajarp

Reaction score
NOLA was the only one on my list o places just yet, so yeah I'll be checkin it out fer sure. Heard good things bout Savannah and Pensacola, and some bad (like anywhere I spose). I 'll keep all these ideas in mind! The NOLA to ATL trip sounds awesome, prolly gonna hafta do that. Thanks ya'll.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads