Howdy Howdy

moondog

Reaction score
Hey all from the Great Lakes.

My name is Jack, been dipping on and off of the road for a couple years now. Done a good bit of hitching, and rode a few freights last summer on the way from Asheville to San Fran with some dirt friends.

I mostly come from a primitive-skills/wilderness survival background, and been focusing on hunting/gathering food for the past couple years, as well as learning traditional crafts (blacksmithing, building, woodwork, basketry, hidetanning), so that has involved a lot of driving in a shitty stationwagon which is now a few inches from the scrap yard.

I'm starting to incorporate more canoe/bike travel, and hoping to get back out on the rails and/or onto a small sailboat this warm season.

I live a fairly conventional lifestyle about a third to a half of the year, making money working on farms or in bike shops, but spend a good bit of the summers on the road, gathering food, exploring, and hunting/trapping in the winter.

I also do a fair bit of drinking beer and playing music, as do most of our tribe it seems.

If there are others interested in long stints in the woods in WI/MN/MI lets hang out.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
:) awesome intro!! and glad you finally intro'd us! Sound like a cool person to meet up with - hopefully you can do that with some of our traveling people now too. Also - have a big party September in the Slabs if you're around. I'm trying my best to get out there this here. And welcome to STP!!

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads