How to make a diy shelter with cardboard & tarp? | Squat the Planet

How to make a diy shelter with cardboard & tarp?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of cheap or zero cost housing alternatives and one of the things that came to mind was: building & sleeping in a diy shelter made out of cardboard, and using a tarp to cover the shelter from rain 🌧️ soaking me.
How do you make a diy shelter out of cardboard & set up a rain tarp above? Where do you find the free resources for this? I already know where to find some of the clean cardboard & a free tarp, just curious to see what you other awesome creative people do for this? Thanx kindly!

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Bibs

Bibs

Reaction score
Depending on the terrain you could make a plow point shelter, and then build the cardboard housing under it. I would highly recommend waxing your cardboard if rain or snow is an issue and the back of the tarp should be facing the wind if there is any. I'm sorry I don't have better advice on this subject, but I hope this helps you. Good luck out there.
With gratitude, -ian
shoot-056_23387589301_o.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads