How to leave a lasting impression

arice

Reaction score
I'm not really sure, but hey I'm Arice.
I hail from Northern, way north, Vermont.
Well, actually South Jerzeyy/Filthadelphia, but Vermont is my home now.
I live in a neat TINY town. Very rural. I practice sustainable agriculture and basically live on a commune. I'm all about permaculture and growing food and sharing it. When shit hits the fan, people are going to be looking to the farmers for their food. So next time you meet a farmer, shake their hand and say thanks!
but anyway..
I've done some hitchhiking, and road tripping in a tiny integra with four kids and a pitbull. how cliche! har har har, I go to rainbow gathering.
no but, I want to start riding trains. And I want to get to Best Friends Day in Richmond this summer via train, and would like a kind soul to show me the ropes.
I'm a nice lady, a smooth talker, and a great cuddler but my BO smells like hoagies, just to warn you. I just want some friends that aren't farmers to talk to! I left all mine in Philly, and Vermont winters make you very lonely..

So yea, I'm Arice. Hey.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
You should try to make it out to the STP gathering, youll meet a whole bunch of the people that youre looking for, as to the lonely winters, I totally understand, I went from cali winters to wisconsin winters. what a change very lonely. Good luck though, hope to see you on the open road!

stove

Reaction score
Where in VT are you at? I was living in Btown for a while last year, made my share of trips out into the northern kingdom. Some interesting experiences...

I've never hopped freight, but there were a bunch of kids down at Castleton whom were pretty into hopping.

I second the trip out to the StP gathering. If you've got the time, you never know whom you might meet!

Oh, and welcome to StP.

arice

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm in a TINY town called Craftsbury Common. It's surrounded by Hardwick, Wolcott, ... pretty close to morrisville and johnson.

it's pretty north, only 30 miles from canada.

Reaction score
Hardwick! hehe. I grew up in VT, southern VT. I graduated from good ol St. JA.

What is this farm commune thing you live on? Sounds intriguing.

arice

Reaction score
Nice!
It's actually a college, surprisingly enough. But it's not like traditional schools at all.. there's 100 students. Our college is a farm, theres only 4 majors - outdoor education & leadership, sustainable agriculture, conservation ecology, and northern studies. It's called Sterling college, it's all community, sustainability, and experiential learning based. It's a work college, so the students basically run the farm/kitchen/dorms/ everything. A lot of our food we eat is produced right from our farm, or bought locally.

I absolutely love learning and school (non-traditional schooling) and feel this is the best place for me at this point in my life (and getting free money from the government to be here is pretty rad). i'm combining sustainable ag. and environmental education with equine therapy to eventually do SOMETHING. all i know is I want to farm when I settle down. have a homestead of my own or start a commune with some like-minded people.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads