How long do u stay out?

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score
HI tall

Just curious about folks general experience . . . How long do people stay out? When so you typically travel? And where do you enjoy most during each season?

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Im usually out for most of the winter. like 4-6 months. I mean, Ive been houseless for like, a few years, but I dont usually travel ALL the time.

Reactions: Ynwdwndrr

BardoBard

Reaction score
Depends, past few years Ive almost always been camping. I travel slow, usually just moving once a season, faster rate usually means hopping towns every day or two, week or two

Paid rent for 1 year in the last 8
Work on average 4-6 months a year

Reactions: beersalt

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I personally have a difficult time staying anywhere for longer than two weeks..
I've tried wintering for a few months the last couple years, but that's always been spotty. This third year into my travels, I made the decision to winter for at least 4 months, to try and handle some business that means necessary to hunker down for longer than I usually like.. but yeah, I'm off the road for a good chunk of mid november- late April; is what I've come to prefer. Just because being stuck in the cold fucking sucks, but so does being stuck somewhere you dislike, just because it is warm.

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
As long as it takes. This stretch will be around 25 days. Biking . Next will be maybe week or two weeks. Or might be 6months but not biking. Or maybe.
Hmm electric. I could never afford it but I would love the setup. I think get kicked outta squats or ran outta dumpster area with electric bike would be halirious . Hard to say tho how long this stretch will be if I found work and said fuck the going back to where ever.
I'll like to go for the six months stretch . Honestly if I have too .I'll break rules earn and save and go all one year travel. I mean travel. Just America but I won't stop if I had a choice.
100 days and 2 off in a motel sounds nice. Who am I kidding. One day motel.the next lots of beer.100 more days of travel.

Reactions: Coywolf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads