How do you guys keep your dogs clean? | Squat the Planet

How do you guys keep your dogs clean?

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I just hose that bitch down. She gets Bert's Bees Oatmeal shampoo about every three weeks or so and then random days between I'll hose her down. She always darts right for the dirt or a dead fish or a pile of manure or whatever the worst possible thing would be to roll in after a bath and she'll roll in that and fuck the whole thing up anyway so idk.. I just try to keep up on it. I remove her eye boogers probably 4 times a day, and that's pretty much her entire hygiene schedule.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Me and my lady wash her dog once a week. He'll clean his private parts that's his job. One time a female dog came up to him and he said, never mine bitch, I'll lick my own balls.
I would say once a week should do it.

Reactions: LuckyMinnie

Spazz

Reaction score
They aren't cats.

I just take my beast into the tub or shower with me, the same way you would a very little kid. She's never been afraid of getting wet and I think she kind of likes the snuggles.

The vet says every week is fine. She gets dirty.

I use Earthbath Oatmeal shampoo, but my dog is kind of spoiled. The important thing is that dogs' Ph balance is different than humans'. You could just use dish soap with the right amount of vinegar or lemon juice. There are recipes on the internet.

I've got to brush her darned near every day, comb out fleas during flea season, keep her nails filed down, and clip the hair between her paw pads and these little tufts on her face that would grow into her eyes if I didn't.

She still looks like a scruffy little ragamuffin tomboy.

I don't love my dog because I think she's cute, I think my dog is cute because I love her.

LuckyMinnie

Reaction score
My dog doesn't get very dirty. I walk miles and miles, and there's no way she'd be able to keep up. So usually she stays indoors. As such, she gets a bath about every two weeks, unless she gets poop in her fur, then she gets an extra bath. I use an oatmeal shampoo, it's Hartz brand. And she gets brushed about every other day.

SneakyWeasel

Reaction score
I generally don't wash my dog. Rivers, lakes, and rain take care of that. If she were to roll in a dead animal or cow shit, then yeah, I'd use a mild soap/water to get the smell off (she sleeps in my bed with me).. but that's it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads