How do you find a location?

Helo

Reaction score
I'm in Los Angeles and a potential spot might have fallen through for a long-term situation.

That means looking for a new building but I'm somewhat lost as to how that can be done. The last place I completely lucked into, it was a fluke that I don't expect to see again. LA has some rather strict standards about what buildings can and cannot look like and will actually send crews to a building to do cosmetic repairs if a building starts looking run-down. They also pounce pretty quickly on abandoned property and sell it off once they find it.

Code Enforcement doesn't have a public list of blight cited buildings and most of the public lists of places that are abandoned are highly trafficked, tourist-y spots or so destroyed as to be unlivable.

I feel a little stuck. Relocation is out for at least several years (my partners want to finish their education before they leave) and I don't earn enough to save for a move.

So, how can I go about finding another place?

Roots317

Reaction score
Website
growingroots317.tumblr.com
Real estate websites are good for finding vacant houses. Just try to find foreclosures that have been on the market for a few years. Idk how well that will work for ya in LA but its worth a try

Roots317

Reaction score
Website
growingroots317.tumblr.com
Real estate websites are good for finding vacant houses. Just try to find foreclosures that have been on the market for a few years. Idk how well that will work for ya in LA but its worth a try

K

Kim Chee

I'm not sure, but probably. I googled delinquent property taxes LA County and got relevant hits including the responsible department.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads