how bad of an idea would a cadillac hearse be?

Nola Nick

Reaction score
I considered the same thing once and test drove one that a funeral home was selling. I totally understand the appeal and they drive sooo smooth but I went with a van instead. I do a ton of miles when I’m out and even a older van doesn’t work best for me but damn do I miss the space of van. Gas miles, reliability to lay down the miles is key for me along with being able to sleep.. Also, staying stealthy and off the visual radar. I get it through but personally if I going to be doing any longtime miles I’d find another way.

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
Gears in rearend are changable, need someone who knows how to change them
the more i hear and read into it the more of a pain in the ass this vehicle seems to be. Guess im gonna have to pass on this. I def dont have the money for expensive parts or changing gears and such like that. oh well. Thanks fer the input every one.

GhostWithTheMost

Previously HoboSquirrell
Reaction score
its 1991 Cadillac Brougham Hearse, 103,000 miles for like 3k. Thinking of getting it and turning it into a camper. Thing is i dont know much about cars. Would this just be a really dumb idea? Do cadillacs hold up well over long distance?

If its in good running condition, and you can keep up with the maintenance to keep it that way, your biggest concern is probably gonna be fuel consumption. A quick search shows youre looking at a combined 16 MPG, which is a little worse than my V6 Dakota, and to put it into perspective for you, $25 gets be about a half tank when fuels cheap, but usually closer to 1/2 tank average, which with minimal average around tow driving will last me like 3 days if im lucky.

So id say if it runs and you can afford it...sounds fun!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads