Hotels wont take Cash??Come in late on Amtrak

trainfinder222

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
and found that most major hotels wont take cash even with my ID and Debit Card...I have not rode the Cushsions in months and was freezzing my azz off last night in Vermont trying to get a room at 1200am....Getting India Indians to do anything seemed imposible. We have no rooms and even if we did we are not coming out at 4 degrees. I though cash was king...Now I am told that only roach motels take cash not the Hampton Inn or Red Roof.....Google Rodeway they take cash but you better get your but in early.

Dead horse

Reaction score
Thats fucking balls! Thats like the bullshit they try and pull where they charge per head instead of per night. I had to have a person go in and pay for the room while i waited around the corner for them to come get me with the key to keep the price down. Its all a bunch of fucking bullshit

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
What does this have to do with amtrak? Your title is misleading.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Bullshit, almost all hotels take cash, believe me I'm in one right now. Higher end chains will often ask for up to a $200 deposit if paying cash but very few will straight up refuse you just on the basis of cash alone.

D

Deleted member 125

ive never had a credit card and ive slept in plenty of hotels and never had much of a problem paying cash, ive been asked to leave my ID as a deposit, i guess more of a safeguard against me trashing the room. but i cant fault them much looking like i do when you really need a hotel having the clerk be a bit suspicious isnt that big of a deal.

trainfinder222

Banned
Reaction score
Amtrak...Oh yeah...many Amtrak travelers are budget travelers who use hostels and cheap hotels.
Often trips are made at the last mininute expecilay if you are on a pass or have a emergency. In this case there was no room at either the hostel or the mission so I had to bite the bullet and pay $$$ for a hotel room. or freeze at 3 degrees...Heck I have stolen enough free coffee from the big chains its time to pay them back (Hampton Inn has my fav coffee)...my Debit card (mater card was not enough either)..so much for trying to stay off the freeking grid

trainfinder222

Banned
Reaction score
Some Tels are in bad hoods so second and third shift no cash according to manager at a Hampton. Also the gov. wants to know where you are at at all times

trainfinder222

Banned
Reaction score
so hence the credit card so the FBI can track you...the days of staying anoumously in motels are gone...The FBI wants to know where you are sleeping and with who

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads