Hot Springs?

J

Johnny P

I want to hit up some hot springs soon. Anyone know of some good ones?

The only one I can think of is Lolo Hot springs which is off hwy 12 out of Missoula on the ID/MT border. My family used to go there when I was a kid. I learned to swim there.

J

Johnny P

yeah, i was hoping some folks on here would know some specific ones that they have visited. Never know what you'll get with google.

Google just gave me hot spring resorts...i'm too poor for resorts

travelin

Reaction score
http://www.idahohotsprings.com/hot_springs/idaho_hot_springs.htm

public hot springs in idaho

the one i originally bookmarked in idaho is one i have been to numerous times.

one time there i put together a $2400 paul young parabolic 15 split bamboo fly rod, cast an adams #14 dry fly out across the current and within six casts caught four beautiful 10-12 rainbows. that was a great evening with a belly full of trout on the fire and the cool breezes of late september rustling the trees.

that was the only time i fished with that rod and it was like standing on the right side of forever. the slow parabolic action goes beyond description. it was perfect.

not too long after that, back in texas, i was forced to sell it to keep from losing a piece of property. a back injury had me down and i had no income.

another time there i was standing in the river right in the middle of the kokanee salmon run out of that lake downstream. ribbons of red all up and down the river, shifting and merging into blobs, then streaking away upstream. kokanee are extremely hard to get a hook in as they are not eating on the run out of the lake so you have to use something that causes a reflex strike. in all the afternoon there that time i caught...

ONE.

i ate that fish cooked over a campfire.

scatwomb

Reaction score
idaho, the land of a million hot springs

And the potato license plate!

id2002potato.jpg

J

Johnny P

Yeah the more people that think Idaho sucks the better. I love hearing the words "Fuck Idaho!" or "fuck[insert name of cool ass place that I love here]....i think a lot of people hate places cuz they can't get away with being a worthless bum drinking on the street crack spanging everyone so they can get their next sidewalk slam. Keep that shit in California! HAHA sorry to get off my own topic...

I've heard Lava hot springs is pretty cool

scatwomb

Reaction score
I like to perpetuate the stereotype that Idaho is filled with ignorant Nazis and racists. That'll keep the developers out.

People here may also actually burn down resorts or new housing developments - depends what city they try to take over next.

Reactions: GuerrillaLorax

travelin

Reaction score
i once went 27 days in idaho. there was one nine day stretch i didnt see another human or even a vehicle.

most days i didnt see anyone and some days i would only see a vehicle pass on the road above the river, often i would just hear the vehicle rather than see it.

one friday afternoon a young couple with two children came to the area i was camped with a pop up camper. they parked right beside the river in the best place to go in so i was pretty much forced to be within a hundred feet of them for the time it took to walk through. the man waved at me whenever he saw me and i would wave back. they left sunday afternoon waving as they pulled out, i lifted my coffee cup to them. i hope they tell tells about the "wild looking fisherman" they saw on that trip.

that trip i almost got ran over by three elk in a narrow canyon one day and i hit a coyote on the nose with a book one night and me and a fox had a talk one evening about why he could not have the food in the camper on my truck.

overall id have to say spending almost a month in the wilderness really, really sucked and i would not recommend anyone go to idaho to do it.

Reactions: WindWalker1970

scatwomb

Reaction score
For hot springs - there are many many places in Idaho. I'd recommend going during the "off-season."

You may have to snowshoe into most places, but, it's worth it.

The idahohotsprings website is a pretty good resource.

Reaction score
Website
effectiveresistance.tumblr.com
I have only been to one good one. It was near Bodfish, California. You take some road for a ways until you pass one moderately known, semi developed hot spring. Shorty past that is another one. It was a great, peaceful area. A local hippy took me out there while I was in the area for a couple days.

J

Johnny P

I have only been to one good one. It was near Bodfish, California. You take some road for a ways until you pass one moderately known, semi developed hot spring. Shorty past that is another one. It was a great, peaceful area. A local hippy took me out there while I was in the area for a couple days.

yeah I've been down Some Rd before, that's in Anytown right?

A bit more specific info would be helpful

• Haha
Reactions: scatwomb

MxEx

Reaction score
you mean the crew change book doesnt' have these listed? Good luck partner. best way to find em is meet someone int the wild or stumble across it yourself.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads