Hope you're all hanging in there | Squat the Planet

Hope you're all hanging in there

• Thread starter Deleted member 28008
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 28008

I tucked tail and headed home once the 'rona reared its head. I heard curfews and such and figured I'd get to a house, since I'm an official oogle; i got a pad.

I first hit the road in 2012; Occupy Wall Street was my introduction to anything really outside the norm. I grew up insulated in suburbs. After Occupy fizzled I linked up with a friend and left New England for Canada. We hitched a loop from CT to Montréal to Toronto and bussed the border to Buffalo. Caught a train to the Midwest, and my life story continues from there.

Truth be told, I'm full of love and hope or at least spite and drive at times, but pretty damn lost right now. I'm trying to construct who i am to not live out shitty patterns and be depressed and stuck.

The socialization and community i've encountered on the road has shaped me tremendously. I feel more at home with traveling bums and travelers of all kinds than among a lot of other folks. I'm honestly terrified of the normal life now. But starting to realize the coolness of folks in (un)common places. I don't know. Life's interesting.

I am also sorting out psychotic episodes and developing a relationship to spirituality. In particular i'm asking myself what 'mental illness' means to me, and the 'spirituality' part is an unintentional effect of where I'm at in life. I'm not religious, or trying to be a woo-woo hippie. I am trying to join your cult, though!! Haha just kidding (or am I?). I just mean I'm thinking intentionally about what it is to be Here, alive, thinking, aware, etc.

On the realest of levels, though, I'm here on StP because a friend showed me the site, and I haven't been on an internet forum since The Comatorium in like 2008 (Mars Volta nerds united). I feel at home among crusty fucks and gentle punks and curious backpackers and all the rest. So I want to participate!

Also HELP!!! I'm lonely and lost lol
Want to be internet friends???

Love you, bye for now

Last edited:

Barf

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m a firm believer that there are few black/white areas, just a lot of grey.

sexuality

mental Illness

changing my undies

i guess shoe size is pretty cut and dry

anyway, thanks for the kind words

i am hanging in there and trying to work my own personal shit out, so youre not alone

i remember occupy, mayor nutter said if youre gunna occupy town hall you might as well watch the Phillies game. I thought that was so cool(he had a projector set up so we could watch the game).

Last edited:
Reactions: LuckyMinnie

roughdraft

Reaction score
nice, welcome to the forum

i personally think most people who are thinking on these topics have a tendency to overthink both mental illness and spirituality - again, *most* people

I think the late 20s are just a particularly tough time, shit just is what it is, "spirituality" is just energy, and mental illness is just a major calling to make drastic change. That's just a theory anyway. No need to make just living more complex than it has to be

D

Deleted member 28008

nice, welcome to the forum

i personally think most people who are thinking on these topics have a tendency to overthink both mental illness and spirituality - again, *most* people

I think the late 20s are just a particularly tough time, shit just is what it is, "spirituality" is just energy, and mental illness is just a major calling to make drastic change. That's just a theory anyway. No need to make just living more complex than it has to be
I appreciate your straightforwardness. Making problems out of things when they don't need to be is exhausting. Simplicity for sure

roughdraft

Reaction score
I appreciate your straightforwardness. Making problems out of things when they don't need to be is exhausting. Simplicity for sure

yeah man, well i speak from experience, and already feel like i wasted enough time - plus i don't believe pride has any utility, that it's pretty much an extension of what we call mental illness - so why not be straightforward right?

anyway, everyone will arrive at their own conclusions, you might find people get emotional in arguing and defending their own shit, that's a sign of just more bullshit.

some suffering is totally okay, even what we start to think is a "fuckton", just make it work

Reactions: SammiePa

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads