Hope to travel near end of June via freight, looking for people with experience.

Micheala

Reaction score
So far, a friend of mine named Gage and I are going to hopefully hitch hike/train hop throughout the US after June 20th. We are looking for people to join us who may have experience or knowledge on freight hopping. We think that getting a small group together would be beneficial. Don't be shy!!!!

Reactions: Bl3wbyyou

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
2 is OK. 3 is risky hopping, and you'll never get rides hitching. 4 is "hurhur I wanna get arrested" territory, and impossible to hitch.

Are you new to hitching/freight? Welcome to the board.

Reactions: Doobie_D

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Huh lol i recall my first hop with 11 kids and 4 dogs all on the same string from jacksonville fl to waycross ga then alabama and back to alanta.

mobbing is fun but its much more risky.Id say a group of 3-4 is the limit.Least thats what i pushed for.Ya would be surprised at riders ya meet randomly at hop out spots that are looking for others.Just stay away from the trainkore kids haha.

Have fun and be safe.Its not too hard hopping around in this day and age.

Reactions: autumn

janktoaster

Reaction score
Out of Baltimore?

Micheala

Reaction score
2 is OK. 3 is risky hopping, and you'll never get rides hitching. 4 is "hurhur I wanna get arrested" territory, and impossible to hitch.

Are you new to hitching/freight? Welcome to the board.
Thanks for the advice, I've hitched multiple times, new to freight though.

Micheala

Reaction score
Welcome and good luck! Youll find some decent kids out there thatll be willing to travel n help.
Thanks much! And I hope to. I figured this was a good places to start to look

janktoaster

Reaction score
Where are you headed??

Micheala

Reaction score
Where are you headed??
I want to get to Portland, Oregon at some point after my leave, I don't have much of a plan where else to go, any ideas?
A bit of a guide could give me some ideas

janktoaster

Reaction score
Yeah I wanna go back to PDX myself, I love that city., that's really my main destination I guess. Colorado is nice too

Micheala

Reaction score
Yeah I wanna go back to PDX myself, I love that city., that's really my main destination I guess. Colorado is nice too
Shitttt, yeah? Where are ya located now? Ever hopped before? Some extra company is always nice

Reactions: janktoaster

janktoaster

Reaction score
I'm in NJ right now, trying to make a lil bit of cash and then head out.. I've hopped once, out of Grand Junction to SLC and it was something I wanna do a lot more it was incredible. I have hitching experience too tho I was gonna go out alone but company is always nice ya

janktoaster

Reaction score
I'm like 2.5 hours from Baltimore

Micheala

Reaction score
I'm in NJ right now, trying to make a lil bit of cash and then head out.. I've hopped once, out of Grand Junction to SLC and it was something I wanna do a lot more it was incredible. I have hitching experience too tho I was gonna go out alone but company is always nice ya
you're not far as it is meeting up would be simple. i've been saving up and will continue to as well til the end of june. i'd like to make a stop at rainbow gathering this year too at some point and that's in either nevada or utah. but that's not a huge priority.
If ya wanna give me an add on facebook it's easier to talk there, my name on there is Micheala Gran.

Last edited:

janktoaster

Reaction score
I'll add ya, and man I'd love to go to a Rainbow Gathering... it's beautiful out there

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I mobbed 12 kids train hopping out of Baltimore in 2002 and while I can't recommend it, it was complete madness in the best way possible.

C

crustythadd23

Last time I ever rode with a big crew was back in 09 12 kids and 5 dogs, riding DPU's for days! crazy funn but now a days really rather travel no more than 3 other people.

Micheala

Reaction score
Last time I ever rode with a big crew was back in 09 12 kids and 5 dogs, riding DPU's for days! crazy funn but now a days really rather travel no more than 3 other people.
Yeah I plan on going with two people, one of which is going back home after we hit Philly, which is the first place we're going, lol, Should be good!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads