Hook up in the Ukraine

fotorebelion

Reaction score
Website
labbs.et
next week i am off to Ukraine.. and am looking for info about getting around.. does anybody know of some good squats, radical spaces, anarchists, punks etc...or any of the grid community.. how to get around life as a hobo.. dumpster diving etc..

R

Roosterruler

Best of luck to you. Enjoy!

Just finished up three months there and loved it. Some of the most giving, loving people I've encountered. You'll never go hungry. No need to even go into a dumpster (as delicious as that food is, I know) - folks will just welcome you in. I once left a few things at a friend's house and when I went to pick it up, I was obliged to partake in a three-part meal - even though I insisted that I had just eaten (which I had.

Managed to get free housing and food in exchange for cuddling babies for a few hours each day.

There are a lot of people I think you'd get along with in a place called Shipot (spelling?) which is a waterfall sort of near Uzhgorod (between it and L'Viv). During the summer, there are folks that just sort of dirtbag it there all summer long. I'm not sure what happens in the fall, but if you can connect with that crew, it might give you a good lead.

I found a pretty chill group of hippies and anarchists having a jam session in the woods once in Uzhgorod.

I was easily able to get around by playing a fiddle and busking about. In around 2 hours, I could make enough money for a 12 hours journey. Another hour or two would make me enough for a hostel if I couldn't find a place to sleep (being a young female, sleeping on the street would not have been wise).

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads