Homemade Ocean Sailing Junk Barge

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
damn, that's awesome! i'm going to take some time to read his blog posts, probably be really inspiring for my future boat adventures!

B

Benny

My friend worked on this boat before it left Long Beach. It eventually fell apart because the plastic was broken down by the sea water and the sun. If you read the post, this raft was a major fail. I think it would totally work with 50 Gallon metal drums.

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
i am actually looking at adapting one of the micro housboat designs onto some 55 gallon brum pontoons... a guy i know is welder and hensays he can tig them end to end and airtight... i can get 10 of those barrels for less than 100 bucks... if i do it, i will vlog it and keep yall updated.... right now i am trying to find out if a houseboat has to be registered or what have you... anyone with insight, feel free to hit me up...

hiveranno

Reaction score
Would be cool to build one from drums, Metal or plastic I wonder.. seems though plastic would be easier to work with. Getting ready to hit the road but will follow posts. Hit me up if you decide to hit the south pacific on some junk. I would be in in a heart beat.

Matt wats your future boat adventures? I'm game to build a raft and check out the ocean. I'm running out of ideas on land, mind as well take to the water.. Will be in Cali

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads