Video - Homeless Sleep In--Berkeley | Squat the Planet

Video Homeless Sleep In--Berkeley

Kal

Reaction score
Good for them I hope Berkeley will listen to these people but I doubt they will listen and I hope the homeless will show some respect. I know in Tucson the city council does not like the homeless being in the downtown area to many people leaving their trash behind, people doing drugs in plain sight and to many fights. Because of all of this the city council are passing some stupid laws saying you cannot feed people but twice a month you cannot feed in the parks without a permit and the park has to have bathrooms or you can't feed people at all. Sometimes I think that the home bums bring half of this on them selves by the way they act just because they are homeless. There are some good and decent people out there who do not have houses but show nothing but kindness and respect, it's the ones who feel the need to tear up everything that makes it difficult on the ones who are respectful. Personally I think homeless is a frame of mind and that the world is my home and I will travel that world.

Reactions: Odin

Slingshot Collective

Reaction score
Website
slingshot.tao.ca
Good for them I hope Berkeley will listen to these people but I doubt they will listen and I hope the homeless will show some respect. I know in Tucson the city council does not like the homeless being in the downtown area to many people leaving their trash behind, people doing drugs in plain sight and to many fights. Because of all of this the city council are passing some stupid laws saying you cannot feed people but twice a month you cannot feed in the parks without a permit and the park has to have bathrooms or you can't feed people at all. Sometimes I think that the home bums bring half of this on them selves by the way they act just because they are homeless. There are some good and decent people out there who do not have houses but show nothing but kindness and respect, it's the ones who feel the need to tear up everything that makes it difficult on the ones who are respectful. Personally I think homeless is a frame of mind and that the world is my home and I will travel that world.
I feel like this sort of stuff is a constant struggle in places like the Bay Area and Tucson where we have decently mild winters. I've lived in both, and been on the streets in both. Tucson and Berkeley City Councils have both passed laws like that before. The cops chased Foon Not Bombs off of 4th Ave. way back when, and shut down the more recent Scott and Congress Thursday night chapter on the downtown Merchants' Association request. The FNB scenes in the Bay Area have been pretty chill for years, but with the way things are going in The City and Berkeley, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the cops start harassing us again.

Reactions: Kal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads