hoboing in croatia

fotorebelion

Reaction score
Website
labbs.et
yo i am thinking of going to Croatia next week.. mainly hitting up the coast on the Slovenian side.. umag, pula.. etc.. anybody got any recommendation on no money surviving? i read around that wild camping on the beach is illegal.. has anybody tried it? anybody know where to meet other road punx.. and travelers?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
it's great seeing more international people on here, sorry i don't have any advice for you since i have no experience in that area, but good luck and safe travels! let us know what you discover!

Kate Westcoast

Reaction score
Website
evencowgirlsgetthepoops.tumblr.com
Croatia is my favorite country of europe!! Split would be touristy at the moment but that means decent trash and tere is an excellent foresty hill with lots of cool ruins you could use for shelter. I was woken up in the middle of the night by the police in dubrovink fornsleepin by an abandoned apt building where it was sheltered but thy just asked to see our passports and said to leave in the morning....

I wouldnt worry to mich about legalities of camping anywhere, but if your idea of camping is setting up a tent your jut always going to be more visable to passersby

Reactions: ByronMc

fotorebelion

Reaction score
Website
labbs.et
cool thanks for the info.. what part of croatia do you recommend.. i was thinking of the istria area.. i found out around internet there is / was a squat / punk space in Pula called montepardiso but most stuff of i found about them in squat net was from 2011.. o im guessing they are evicted.. but at least i know there is punk scene down there some where..
i also got in contact with a squat / autonomous center in Zagreb all though they are now under threat of eviction after some conflicts with the police some weeks ago.. i might go there too.. but a bit out of the way from my beach plan B-) ..
--you Say there are nice empty ruin to crash around sound fun.. i wasnt thinking of a tent, i was hoping more to sleep under the stars in the beach, and finding empty place if it rained, also hoping to contact with a squat or some punk house .. i also read that croatia started doing implementing the "pant" bottle return system like in other countries,.. so this would be good way to make some quick cash for some beer :)

alchimia

Reaction score
cool thanks for the info.. what part of croatia do you recommend.. i was thinking of the istria area.. i found out around internet there is / was a squat / punk space in Pula called montepardiso but most stuff of i found about them in squat net was from 2011.. o im guessing they are evicted.. but at least i know there is punk scene down there some where..
i also got in contact with a squat / autonomous center in Zagreb all though they are now under threat of eviction after some conflicts with the police some weeks ago.. i might go there too.. but a bit out of the way from my beach plan B-) ..
--you Say there are nice empty ruin to crash around sound fun.. i wasnt thinking of a tent, i was hoping more to sleep under the stars in the beach, and finding empty place if it rained, also hoping to contact with a squat or some punk house .. i also read that croatia started doing implementing the "pant" bottle return system like in other countries,.. so this would be good way to make some quick cash for some beer :)

I just joined today, looking to connect w/ some people/places around Europe. I'm heading down to Croatia myself the end of the month. Let me know what you find. I'll be coming in from France. Hitting Istria/Pula 1st then working my way down. Thanks.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Check out Rovinj. I was there a couple times as a kid, it was pretty cool.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads