Photos Hobo cross.

TMG51

Reaction score
I haven't kept up with posting here. Here's a random musing.

As I often seek out off-the-beaten-path areas to squat in muh' vanhouse, I also occasionally run into signs of hobo occupation.

This one was a bit different and I elected to document it. While exploring a wooded area by a river, I found this:

Ttf5SKu.jpg

It's a calling card landmark left, I infer, from one hobo to another. The sign reads, "Penny remember me. Bones I made the cross for George. I am still homeless just across the pond. My first camp. Hope all is good for you. Love you both, come see me if you can. Sorry so sloppy. God bless."

tMHIFBf.jpg

A few other messages... "We will miss you 420 Jordan R"

vMAsMMZ.jpg

"Miss you bro!! Love Gary... [illegible and includes a swastika]"

nOZ2lQH.jpg

...aaand if you're curious, the primary message was written on the back of a box of CHICKEN FLAVORED CRACKERS. That's fine hobo cuisine, ladies and gentlemen.

Bw3epcg.jpg

I can't imagine where this person got all the crosses / angels / etc. There were more small figures obscured in the grass.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
What's with the swaz and lightning bolts, though?

Shwillam

Previously NotSoSirius
Banned
Reaction score
591-599 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94610, USA

I really...really hope that's a joke

2nd EDIT: I'm a fucking idiot. @WanderLost Radical i totally read it as "what's wrong with the swaz and lighting bolt thou" as in you were defending them being there. I've now embarrassingly noticed my error and apologize. I'd even be inclined to ask for my post to be deleted. God I'm stupid sometimes and totally just made myself look like a nazi.
I'm ashamed lol

Last edited:
F

FrumpyWatkins

Did you read the original post? He doesn't know the context of or the origins of any of messages/objects left. Are you inferring he is wrong for photographing this because it features a swastika? Im not disagreeing the swastika is dumb but the guy is just photographing something he found. Not sure if this is what you were implying though.

What I find odd is the cardboard and sharpie appear to be rather fresh. EDIT Nevermind I just zoomed in. This looks like some homebum nut shit lol.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Are you inferring he is wrong for photographing this because it features a swastika?

Not at all. It just bothers me everytime I see one. Felt good to vent about it :p

Reactions: Shwillam

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads