hitchinge out of Boulder co

Nerdypunkkid

Reaction score
Website
www.yossihalperin.com
I took a coal train not far from downtown maybe a mile or so, It was near the yard there was a bridge and then an abandone house by the bridge and a bit further an over pass and a jungle to wait there bulls around so be quicke when going to the over pass. the jungle is a bit on a hill easy to get up onto but if you see a car near that hill that means there bulls checking around the jungle. in other words dont wait by the jungle but under the overpass and watch for bulls empty coal trains all go to grand junction and many come through the night. you can call up at 1800-300-3169 its an easy hop out and a very nice scenic view stay down everytime you stop by a small town.

Takes about a day to get there if you leave at night you will arive mid afternoon. your know your at grand junction when you in a mini yard with many other coal trains. the arival time given by is actually must later than the actual arival time. also note that you will be going through the mountains so dress verry very warm i went through in sept with a thermall hoody jacket and sleeping bag and was cold its dec now much colder. also there rare insects you might see along the way golden beatles.

Just a piece of advice there are trains the go out of grand junction and it is possible to hitch and if you do hitch it will take a wile but you will get kicked down alot of money and food. the nearest gas station is five+ miles from the yard. Grand junction is a dead depressing town

Nerdypunkkid@gmail is my email if you have further questions

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
uhhh kind of, some go out utah by way of grand jctn (carbon county UT) ,

but i'd guess at least half turn off the main at Phillipsburg CO and head north to the coal mines there.
Beautiful ride tho lovely

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads