Hitchhiking from the Netherlands

RiemerK

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm new here, planning to do a hiking trip this summer with a good friend.
Hitchhiked a bit so far in my life but no long distances.
For this summer we're planning on a trip from the Netherlands to Athens, Greece through Italy (and then by ferry to Greece).
Gonna post the exact plans in the Destination board, hoping you could give some tips.

Cheers,
Riemer

kif

Reaction score
You'll have no problem man. In the Netherlands we always got picked up, France is too easy and Italians are the nicest people in Europe. Greeks are pretty chill too. Just read general Europe advise. Fly a sign. Avoid cities. On ramps / toll booths best places to get rides.

http://squattheplanet.com/index.php?threads/18419/

Oh Belgium we struggled in the Dutch Flemish part. Don't know why. But you can camp anywhere and it's all fun. Persistence always pays off.

If you go through Germany and Switzerland that route is fucking beautiful.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: iSTEVEi

RiemerK

Reaction score
Thanks man. Yeah, we are definitely going through Switzerland. We will be skipping France/Belgium for the most part i think. We do want to go through Strasbourg which is just across the border of Germany. Very curious about the possibilities of hitchhiking on the ferry to Greece.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads