Hitchgathering

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
I know a few folks who go to the hitchgatherings. Talked to a TheWindAndRain who started it in the US and he says there won't be one this year unless more people show interest. Reddit.com/r/hitchhiking will have more folks who're aware of the hitchgathering.

D

Deleted member 20

What happened to an STP gathering for 2015 where rubbertramps, traincore & hitchhikers can all come together. Lets start thinking about this folks. We can fly the STP flag & gather whenever & where ever we want. Who the fuck is gonna help make it happen?

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
Wanna pick a spot on BLM land, close to a yard and highway... Natural water, good campsite. There's my 2 cents. Can't plan my whereabouts this year but intend to be traveling for the bulk of it and would love to show.

Reactions: Grav3yardgirl89

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
The last one in was in August in California. I wanted to go but didn't make it. @TheWindAndRain said they didn't get many attendees.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
How much is not many? Even with 5-10 you could make it a fun weekend.
I'm sure it was still a lot of fun but the gathering was supposed to be a combination of the hitchgathering and an StP meetup so I think they were expecting more folks. Not sure how many showed up but I just remember TheWindAndRain saying it wasn't many.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads