Hicthiking Europe | Squat the Planet

Hicthiking Europe

Lost

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Im thinkign about doing this soon either this or Hawaii if i do go over seas me not being that educated in much forgien things,where would be a good start off point...mind you im not trying to reinact the "off the map" bullshit.I just not quite sure where to start.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i hate to rain on anyone's parade, but the way the american dollar is going, and the way the EU has made everything so freaking expensive, i really think the days of the 'american backpacking through europe' are pretty much gone. it's extremely expensive, and isn't nearly as easy or care free as traveling the states is... id recommend going to Australia, biking new zealand, or traveling somewhere in south america. that's just my two cents though.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i do hear that them australian girls just LOVE americans...........

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
oh yeah, and this is the story section, not a discussion section.

moved to the "hitchhiking" forum.

elokupa

Reaction score
hitching europe isnt expensive if you know what youre doing; Germany is like the hitchhiking mecca: short waits, awesome rides, cheap booze, squats in every town and best of all dirty kids are just accepted, theyre all over the place in the cities, just look for a mohawk and youve got a bed for the night.

Holland is pretty good, i saw 3 big squats on the first street i walked down in A'dam, aswel as a couple of coffeeshops, oh and a bin chocked full of plastic wrapped veg :)
Holland even has official hitchhiking spots called a 'liftplaats'

check it(note the sign):

joelstitch

Reaction score
Im planning on going to Europe next year. Im thinking of going to Norway, Germany, Spain, Sweden, etc. Im still trying to figure out how much money should I take there, with the plane tickets so expensive Ill have to get a lot of money to have extra for when I get there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads