Hi! :)

AG Golda

Reaction score
I'm Ashley, I live in NB, Canada. I've been living off the grid in the woods for two years. I've spent some time gaining and practicing bushcraft skills. I love unconventional lifestyles and learning from others, and never even realized this was all an option, so I joined this site to see what more is possible! I'm hoping to do some long distance hitch hiking soon and any advice is welcome. Nice to meet you guys

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey, welcome! Ok yeah.. I'm too curious to not ask.. Did you dip your dreads in white latex paint? I'm trying to figure out what's going on there but the image quality just isn't quite clear enough to figure it out.

• Agree
Reactions: MFB

MFB

Reaction score
I wondered the same, though guessed it was some sort of yarn or string. I like it!

I have a friend, Cammi, who has very similiar hair.
I also have a pup who sheds these cute lil frizzy fuzzy butt tufts of fur. They are almost like dreads. Cammi will pick them up off the floor and just grind them into her dreads. Then she has these cool little highlights. It's gross and endearing.

@DashCoppel , what was your off-grid set up like?

bote

Reaction score
I'm Ashley, I live in NB, Canada. I've been living off the grid in the woods for two years. I've spent some time gaining and practicing bushcraft skills. I love unconventional lifestyles and learning from others, and never even realized this was all an option, so I joined this site to see what more is possible! I'm hoping to do some long distance hitch hiking soon and any advice is welcome. Nice to meet you guys
wow, i rarely meet people from nb out in the world, even though this is not exactly the real world i'm still somehow surprised. i'm from the north shore and hanging out up here rn but live in montreal these days.
Are you down in the south of the province? how you are insulating and heating your space? it gets pretty cold up here in jan-feb, like -20 as you probably know.
If you ever come up this way there's an off-grid community called ceca outside the town of Carleton on the quebec side. Some pretty interesting dwellings over there and they've had workshops, skillshare in the past.

AG Golda

Reaction score
wow, i rarely meet people from nb out in the world, even though this is not exactly the real world i'm still somehow surprised. i'm from the north shore and hanging out up here rn but live in montreal these days.
Are you down in the south of the province? how you are insulating and heating your space? it gets pretty cold up here in jan-feb, like -20 as you probably know.
If you ever come up this way there's an off-grid community called ceca outside the town of Carleton on the quebec side. Some pretty interesting dwellings over there and they've had workshops, skillshare in the past.
Hi there! People are often surprised about where Im from :p. I'm outside of Moncton, southeastern NB. Initially i moved into the woods with a partner and we lived in a tent covered in debris and used blankets through the fall, then found an old trailer and insulated with bubbled reflective insulation. And a little propane buddy heater. It was relatively comfortable! But before winter was over we had installed a fireplace insert and converted it to take propane. We also installed solar panels, and a WiFi system. I experimented a lot with more primitive shelters and resources from the land though and I feel ready to start travelling in the woods around here, and then do a journey, so I'm glad you mentioned ceca, I will add it to the list!

AG Golda

Reaction score
I wondered the same, though guessed it was some sort of yarn or string. I like it!

I have a friend, Cammi, who has very similiar hair.
I also have a pup who sheds these cute lil frizzy fuzzy butt tufts of fur. They are almost like dreads. Cammi will pick them up off the floor and just grind them into her dreads. Then she has these cool little highlights. It's gross and endearing.

@DashCoppel , what was your off-grid set up like?
Thank you! Haha that is truly adorable and cringe worthy at the same time. But I totally would too lol. When it was done we had solar panels, propane heat, reflective insulation and a WiFi system. Grew a lot of food when the weather allowed. I do prefer more primitive living but I'll definitely miss the WiFi

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads