Hi there! Just wanted to introduce myself

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
are you looking to go anywhere in particular? im driving down the coast first week of september, might be able to give you ride along the way.

Reactions: BrutalHeart

BrutalHeart

Reaction score
are you looking to go anywhere in particular? im driving down the coast first week of september, might be able to give you ride along the way.

My fish processing job finishes end of August. Planning to travel where ever in September before hopefully working sugar beet harvest in October. So yes, would definently accept a ride, and would throw in gas money.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
My fish processing job finishes end of August. Planning to travel where ever in September before hopefully working sugar beet harvest in October. So yes, would definently accept a ride, and would throw in gas money.

beets is out east tho from where you're at, right? i'm heading south to california. i've posted my route here in this thread if you want to check it out and see if it lines up with what you want to do.

BrutalHeart

Reaction score
beets is out east tho from where you're at, right? i'm heading south to california. i've posted my route here in this thread if you want to check it out and see if it lines up with what you want to do.

Your trip sounds interesting. I'm definently down for exploring abandoned places. I've read about a few. Beets is just a flight away from any city. I'd be down to ride in the car, and tarp camp when we stop. For sure won't creep on your female travelers, and I keep my word/have people's backs.

BrutalHeart

Reaction score
Welcome to the stp family, please share some stories of your trip to Africa on here.
It got all Ernest Hemmingway. I drank a lot, and traveled from Port Elizabeth to Capetown with these two wonderful English ladies. Climbed to the top of Tabletop Mountain together, and watched the most beautiful sunset over the ocean. Climbed up Lion's Head with a bunch of Australians after heavy drinking all night. Hiked a narrow path with a 1000 ft drop, and climbed 200 ft vertically on ladder rungs drilled into the rock face. Swam down canyon streams making 40-60 ft jumps into water as we went near Knysna, SA. Rode an ostrichin in Outsshoorn. Skydived onto a beach full of excited children that had never seen that before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25993

wow well that all sounds exciting i love traveling stories...thats why i joined up here.i ignore dumb or rude coments and keep moving...where are you thinking of doing beets?i piled beets at whapeton ND for six years.it was an interesting time.i liked operating the bobcat and the 12 hour shifts were a good setting for wacky delirium...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads