Hi people

annaronan

Reaction score
Hi peeps

I just joined this site. My name's Anna, hi. Not sure entirely what to put in this introduction... I write and travel and paint and sometimes I make films. Interested in all things spiritual, anarchist/leftist. I'm in California right now, not traveling at present but might again soon (?). Thinking of wandering around Appalachia, Quebec, Colombia and/or Cuba. Hit me up if you know things and people!

I joined for a couple of reasons - First just to connect with people, find resources for travel and likeminded souls, etc. Second, I'm really interested in anarchist methods of addressing injustice and violence, and I'm looking to link up with anyone with thoughts/experience in figuring out justice without relying on the state, for whatever reason (on moral or philosophical grounds, for reasons of personal/community safety, or anything in between/other.) Not sure if this is a good forum for that, but I'm throwing that out there as well in case anyone wants to chat.

Ermmm what else. I just moved back to the US from Haiti, if anyone wants to talk about travel there and discuss How Not To Be A Colonizer (I have many thoughts on this), hit me up. I'm from San Diego, happy to offer any advice or help/connections there. Last, if anyone's interested in houseboat life in the UK, I used to live on a narrowboat in London and down to chat with anyone curious about that.

I think that's about it...?

Much love X

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I whent to Hail
Hi peeps

Thinking of wandering around Appalachia, Quebec, Colombia and/or Cuba. Hit me up if you know things and people!

I was in Haiti back in 06, I'm sure not to much has changed. I def recommend Colombia. I fell in love with it years ago and have been going back regularly since. Its come up quite a bit since the first time. So much to experience there!

Why Quebec out of all the Provinces?

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP friend. Great introduction. Peace be with you and safe travels.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
if anyone wants to talk about travel there and discuss How Not To Be A Colonizer

i'd really be interested in hearing your thoughts on this, might even make for a really interesting piece for our articles section!

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Reaction score
hey i wish you luck on your travels, dont forget if you go the appalachian mountain range, dont forget alabama is technically part of it haha come visit the land of the rednecks. theres planty beautiful places to swim and hike. lots of history. not just civil war and civil rights, but theres old speakeasies in caves, lots of old abandoned moonshine sthills (i know of 3) theres a manmade lake that has an entire town below it. lots of "haunted" attractions and towns way past their hay days, that still have all their original feel to them.

Reactions: PeaceLoveHarmony

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads