hi. im new here. 35 years old looking for someone to head west with. | Squat the Planet

hi. im new here. 35 years old looking for someone to head west with.

travelingjoe

Reaction score
I'm pretty good at survival. Hunt,fish,trap. Can make a fire without a lighter.lol. I'm selling everthing I own and just want a new adventure. Slab city. Oregon idk. But I'm up for anything. Looking for like minded people to travel with. Have a truck. But it may not make it the whole way.

Trying to sell my generator,dirtbike etc. To just roll out!

Reaction score
I'm pretty good at survival. Hunt,fish,trap. Can make a fire without a lighter.lol. I'm selling everthing I own and just want a new adventure. Slab city. Oregon idk. But I'm up for anything. Looking for like minded people to travel with. Have a truck. But it may not make it the whole way.

Where are you starting from?

Reaction score
Damn. Yeah net it's chilly there to be hitching anyhow.
Oh yeah, I fucked up and got myself up here at the wrong time of year. Definitely too cold. I'm making my way down with another STP member, maybe we will stop by and see what's up

HungryLiketheRiker

Reaction score

Me and my brother are leaving next year, going west, we should talk

Reactions: travelingjoe

travelingjoe

Reaction score
Sound like a smart man. Good advice. Thanks for that. And yeah I got the boots. The pack. Water filtration. (sawyer mini) ferrocerum rods. Tarp. 550 cord. Etc. Looking to live free.

Hope there's a lil ceasars near me that isn't already taken. Lol...

But thanks.

travelingjoe

Reaction score
I have a dodge truck. Ram 1500. But it's for sale... Wilderness would be GREAT to me. And part time work here and there wouldn't kill me. But I just want to be a free spirit. Sick of being tied down. Lived here my whole life.

Nothing wrong with camping in my mind. Lol. As long as I can pack up and move on whenever I feel like it.

And yes my buddy works at lil ceasars. Know the workers take home the pizzas a lot. To feed there own families.

travelingjoe

Reaction score
But yeah highwayman. I gotta find ways to make some money when my savings are gone. I won't have my cell phone or other luxuries.... But to put shelter over my ass I'm gonna be on my own there. Build or die. I do have 5 bic lighters in different spots of my pack. But that's for quick cig. 35 years old and I bet I got a lot To learn in my near future. But I've always had urge to go. I've been to every state but Maine,alaska and Hawaii.. But was in a rug (18 wheeler) gonna be different this time out. I'm sure

travelingjoe

Reaction score
Try n make this short...

But I sold my 09 Ford and bought this 96 dodge on the cheap after divorce. Transmission came out same day. Put 2500$ in a warranted tranny. But it's constantly breaking and not real dependable... I also am disabled through a trucking company. So I get ssi. I did the over the road thing for 6 years. Hailed locally for 4. Just not my passion. I wish it was. But hated being in a 6x8 box day in day out. Feels like jail soon. And you really don't get to see much. Always a deadline. But am hoping the cdl will help me move from place to place. (truck stops). I just wanna live live gray man. Really think I will meet good people out there. Keeping my hopes up.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads