Hi I'm Bozorg, longtime lurker, friend of the road. | Squat the Planet

Hi I'm Bozorg, longtime lurker, friend of the road.

Bozorg

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm Bozorg, I'm a semi retiree from the road looking for destination ideas and roadstories. I hitched and tramped around the west from 2000-2009 and wish this site existed when I was 19. They called me Alcoholic Jr. back then, I was a mess for years and am now sober 7 yrs. 1st week on the road hitching from an abusive family in Pontiac MI, I wound up drinking with some homebums in Grand Junction. My gullible ass believed them when they said Datura is just like smoking weed. Wound up beat and rolled, worst trip of my life. Hospitalized for a bit, then put on a bus to Durango with nothing but a pair of cords, sandals and the shirt on my back. Seen a lot better days since, and been to a lot of better places. Thanks for reading and safe travels!

Kenada

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm Bozorg, I'm a semi retiree from the road looking for destination ideas and roadstories. I hitched and tramped around the west from 2000-2009 and wish this site existed when I was 19. They called me Alcoholic Jr. back then, I was a mess for years and am now sober 7 yrs. 1st week on the road hitching from an abusive family in Pontiac MI, I wound up drinking with some homebums in Grand Junction. My gullible ass believed them when they said Datura is just like smoking weed. Wound up beat and rolled, worst trip of my life. Hospitalized for a bit, then put on a bus to Durango with nothing but a pair of cords, sandals and the shirt on my back. Seen a lot better days since, and been to a lot of better places. Thanks for reading and safe travels!
That sounds rough friend, but with every low comes a high. Hopefully you’ll be on the up and up soon enough! Sending my wishful thoughts your way.

Reactions: Bozorg

Bozorg

Reaction score
Thanks friend, things are much better now, I've come a long ways since my first days on the streets begging. Since it was possible for me to get sober and on my feet and raise a compassionate kid; I think anybody is capable to become what they dream. Much love to all going thru rough times

LuckyMinnie

Reaction score
Destination ideas? Well, if I could do anything I wanted to right now, I'd ride my bicycle down the Pacific Coast. The ocean is so beautiful. Just check to see if the state parks are open. If they aren't, you will need to stealth camp. I hope you have a lot of fun adventures.

Bozorg

Reaction score
Love that area! been planning a bike camp trip around Michigans upper peninsula for a while with an old friend. Gotta get some gear first, but I love bike camping.

Reactions: LuckyMinnie

MFB

Reaction score
@Bozorg , trying to figure out where your avatar is taken...your up high but nothing big around you. Is that 4 peaks in AZ?

MFB

Reaction score
I hitched there with a jar of peanut butter, some water, a joint and the clothes on my back. Good times
Everything you need, nothing you dont.

I like how I'll see climbers and runners in mountains with these expensive Gu's and gels, and I'm eating gummy worms and smoking a doob as I pass them.

Co Springs is 'home', but the south san juans and wienemuche is my fave part of CO.

You like Silverton?

Bozorg

Reaction score
Everything you need, nothing you dont.

I like how I'll see climbers and runners in mountains with these expensive Gu's and gels, and I'm eating gummy worms and smoking a doob as I pass them.

Co Springs is 'home', but the south san juans and wienemuche is my fave part of CO.

You like Silverton?
Silverton is beautiful. Love the San Juan's. Went to a lot of hot springs around there, lots of good people. Colorado Springs was really pretty when I passed thru, but it was only a few days.

MFB

Reaction score
Ahhhhh, I have so many great summertime memories up high in SW CO. 😍

Valley view is my favorite hot spring. A bit south of the collegiates.

Ever been up toward steamboat?
Zirkel wilderness is expansive, lotsa good mountains, and strawberry hot springs is very cool.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads