Hi from Alberta canada | Squat the Planet

Hi from Alberta canada

Jillibean

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm a albertian living full time in my airstream .looking to hopefully get outta Canada to travel the states California to new Mexico or route 66. I like to adventure with someone else I have good frugal skills ,can cook on a fire, and bush craft all winter in Canada is is surviving it. I'm very interested in quartzite az , for next year. I run a small buissness with me vintage camper treasures on fb
And instagram vintage_camper_treasures

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_154354.jpg
    IMG_20200731_154354.jpg
    770.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome to the community, there's a lot of stuff going on in quartzite throughout the winter, so im sure you'll find what you're looking for despite covid stuff going on!

Bozorg

Reaction score
I'm a albertian living full time in my airstream .looking to hopefully get outta Canada to travel the states California to new Mexico or route 66. I like to adventure with someone else I have good frugal skills ,can cook on a fire, and bush craft all winter in Canada is is surviving it. I'm very interested in quartzite az , for next year. I run a small buissness with me vintage camper treasures on fb
I second Quartzite! It's been almost 20 years since I spent a winter there. Thousands of alt living people camped out in the desert. There's lot of good hiking around, KOFA area, Palm Canyon etc. Go vibe with the sagueros!

suckmyfatgardenhose

Reaction score
You're gonna be waiting a loooong time to cross via land until a covid vaccine is ready. You can fly now but still need to quarantine for two weeks.

But yeah the AZ desert is my happy place. I'm a hot n dry kinda guy!! I'm in British Columbia and hate the rain!! 😭

Reactions: Jillibean

plumfae

Reaction score
hello from Windsor, Ontario! welcome to the forums

subscribed to your youtube channel, that's a really nice off-grid setup you have! I really like that GMC bench, my dad would just fall in love with that.
I hope we can all cross the border safely again soon, but if you're in Canada this spring/summer, maybe we'll cross paths :)

ali

Reaction score
Welcome, @Jillibean! One thing you could try is to qualify as an essential worker, if you can prove somehow that you are traveling to the US for some seasonal work reason and not just for tourism. See Travel Restrictions Fact Sheet | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Canada.

To @plumgrainer - cool to see someone on here from Windsor! One of my best friends lives there. I was planning to travel across over there this summer/fall, though the corona restrictions kinda made me put it off till next year. Here's hoping it'll be better soon.

Reactions: plumfae

plumfae

Reaction score
@ali oh, sweet! Ask your friend if they know a gwen lol. I vouch for Windsor as a great place to hang out in, hope we all can take off this spring. I was similarly planning on heading to BC before restrictions hit.

AG Golda

Reaction score
Hi hi :) did you end up making it out of Canada ? I'm currently in NB hoping to find someone to travel with

Jillibean

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You're gonna be waiting a loooong time to cross via land until a covid vaccine is ready. You can fly now but still need to quarantine for two weeks.

But yeah the AZ desert is my happy place. I'm a hot n dry kinda guy!! I'm in British Columbia and hate the rain!! 😭
Yes the rain I don't think I would like all the time.i love b.c but not rain

Jillibean

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
good luck. how is hitching/train hoppin in canada? i’m a dual citizen and rly want to do that at some point
I wouldn't know about train hopping?
I drive a truck. And it's looking like border will still be closed by next fall I'm not Coming to the states it doesn't look like.
Have to plan for the year after. I guess

Reactions: Jbets88

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads