Hi/Canary Islands winter retreat/where to next? | Squat the Planet

Hi/Canary Islands winter retreat/where to next?

Reaction score
Hi fellow crusties, hippies, gutterpunks and all you other forms of nomad, just got back home from a 2 month travel around Europe, it was my first such experience so at fist i was scared, but now i completely lost my shit after coming back "home", so i quit my job, gave away most of my stuff and i'm heading out in about 2 weeks to a permacultural village in Poland
Though it get's fucking cold in the winter here, so i also bought myself a ticket to Tenerife, I'll be there on the 1 of december.

QUESTION 1
I pretty much know the drill, get to La Caleta, dumpster diving and busking apparently work great there, however there's no such thing as too much information, anyone been there recently? any stories to share? what should i look out for?

QUESTION 2
Is anyone going for a retreat there as well? care to join me? most of the people here from what i see are in the U.S., still worth a shot to ask
Warning: i'm an anxious 18 on 8 year old kid with a walnut sized brain, and my english is pretty bad, hope you don't mind

QUESTION 3
I'm going to the Canary Islands for the winter, but have no idea what i'm going to do with myself when winter ends (unless i like the islands enough to stay longer), i definitely don't want to go back to Poland, 10 years in one country is enough, any destination suggestions? I'm looking to get back to the States sooner or later, but i haven't been there for 12, don't know anybody or anything there, please enlighten me if you may

P.S. It's really great that this website exists, thanks Matt and everybody else <3

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
(bad English - you did awesome!! just a bit confusing :) )

You said "just got home" - Where IS home for you? Poland? ... I, a silly ass American, assumed Home meant the U.S. .... Got most of the way through before I figured out you're not a u.s. er...

There are several stp members from around Europe, but you're mostly correct - nearly everyone on here is American.

Tip - Most Americas are CRAPPILY educated... I have no idea where most of the locations you mentioned are - haha, So I obviously won't be giving any advice on those locations... ... But, if I got this right ...

You're from Poland. Just got back from traveling Europe. Ya got bit big-time by the traveller bug... Gave next to everything away & are looking forward to exploring the planet.

You're currently looking for advice and or a road dawg (travel companion, often more skilled/experienced than self) - You plan to winter in the canary islands - are wondering cool spots, and are otherwise looking for suggestions Where To Travel - Springtime...

You've been to the U.S. before, but not recently - and look forward to making friends in America to make your future visits entertaining and informative.

Did I get it right?

And Welcome to StP.

Reaction score
(bad English - you did awesome!! just a bit confusing :) )

You said "just got home" - Where IS home for you? Poland? ... I, a silly ass American, assumed Home meant the U.S. .... Got most of the way through before I figured out you're not a u.s. er...

There are several stp members from around Europe, but you're mostly correct - nearly everyone on here is American.

Tip - Most Americas are CRAPPILY educated... I have no idea where most of the locations you mentioned are - haha, So I obviously won't be giving any advice on those locations... ... But, if I got this right ...

You're from Poland. Just got back from traveling Europe. Ya got bit big-time by the traveller bug... Gave next to everything away & are looking forward to exploring the planet.

You're currently looking for advice and or a road dawg (travel companion, often more skilled/experienced than self) - You plan to winter in the canary islands - are wondering cool spots, and are otherwise looking for suggestions Where To Travel - Springtime...

You've been to the U.S. before, but not recently - and look forward to making friends in America to make your future visits entertaining and informative.

Did I get it right?

And Welcome to StP.
bingo!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads