Hi. Bike Hobo in the UK | Squat the Planet

Hi. Bike Hobo in the UK

biketramp

Reaction score
I lurked on here a few years back. Been using r/vagabond for a while on and off with different accounts. Don't like who's moderating that sub so needed somewhere else.

I'm currently in Birmingham, UK. I travel and work (hobo) but I've been trying to become a normal society citizen over the past 8 months and it's making me so fucking bored and honestly depressed.

I've lived/traveled the US. Mostly Boston but I made it over to Northern California for 5-6 months before I got busted and deported. That was in 2018.
I've traveled via thumb across western Europe. Squatted in Amsterdam here and there. Spent time in Hambi Forest in Cologne, Germany with the resistance there.
I had quite a fun life and I've tried this civilian shit and I can't do it. I could be dead next year and what do I have to show for it? Sat in a room 14 hours a day getting fat watching shit on my laptop and wanking.

I bought a Dutch bike and I'm going to ride that around on my travels across the UK. My hammock is on the way. Not keen on sleeping in a tent again because I did that for 2 years in Cornwall and the time it takes to find a spot that can take stakes and won't attract rats/critters is not worth it.

Anyway, that's me so far. I hope to get to know some of you on here in due course.

I've attached a couple of pics for your imagination. The bike is from when I first bought it, it's now got a load of storage on it. The second image is of Hambi Meadow (not my pic)
I know a lot of people on here are Americans, so I'm giving a bit of European flair ;)

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 167
  • hambacher_forst-1189.jpg
    hambacher_forst-1189.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 148

Bibs

Reaction score
Good luck to ya bro, and welcome back to stp! If you're ever stateside, specifically the pnw, shoot me a dm and I'll help ya out if you're in need. Be safe, have fun!
With gratitude, -Ian

Tony G

Reaction score
I lurked on here a few years back. Been using r/vagabond for a while on and off with different accounts. Don't like who's moderating that sub so needed somewhere else.

I'm currently in Birmingham, UK. I travel and work (hobo) but I've been trying to become a normal society citizen over the past 8 months and it's making me so fucking bored and honestly depressed.

I've lived/traveled the US. Mostly Boston but I made it over to Northern California for 5-6 months before I got busted and deported. That was in 2018.
I've traveled via thumb across western Europe. Squatted in Amsterdam here and there. Spent time in Hambi Forest in Cologne, Germany with the resistance there.
I had quite a fun life and I've tried this civilian shit and I can't do it. I could be dead next year and what do I have to show for it? Sat in a room 14 hours a day getting fat watching shit on my laptop and wanking.

I bought a Dutch bike and I'm going to ride that around on my travels across the UK. My hammock is on the way. Not keen on sleeping in a tent again because I did that for 2 years in Cornwall and the time it takes to find a spot that can take stakes and won't attract rats/critters is not worth it.

Anyway, that's me so far. I hope to get to know some of you on here in due course.

I've attached a couple of pics for your imagination. The bike is from when I first bought it, it's now got a load of storage on it. The second image is of Hambi Meadow (not my pic)
I know a lot of people on here are Americans, so I'm giving a bit of European flair ;)
Welcome it sucks you got deported had a buddy from newcastle they got him as soon as he started working

biketramp

Reaction score
How are the lockdowns where you are at? Are there a lot of protests with the reported COVID Passports parliament is talking of introducing?

nice bike, btw
Thanks.

No protests by me in Birmingham. Very doubtful it will actually happen. They say a lot of things but nothing ever happens. I'm not willing, put it that way.
How are the lockdowns where you are at? Are there a lot of protests with the reported COVID Passports parliament is talking of introducing?

nice bike, btw

Reactions: BrerBear

biketramp

Reaction score
Welcome it sucks you got deported had a buddy from newcastle they got him as soon as he started working
Yeah, it was weird. I was there for two years and when I was asked for ID in certain places they wanted extra details like the stamp on my passport and my visa number. I'm talking about social clubs/bars. I had to tell them that they don't stamp passports anymore and you can get fucked with your visa number bullshit, I'm just here to get drunk with my friend and her mom.

biketramp

Reaction score
Good luck to ya bro, and welcome back to stp! If you're ever stateside, specifically the pnw, shoot me a dm and I'll help ya out if you're in need. Be safe, have fun!
With gratitude, -Ian
Thanks for the offer, brother, but I'll have to give you the same offer in kind.
I'm no longer allowed in the US due to a warrant for a DUI and my deportation/ban of 10 years.

Whenever you're over this side of the pond let me know and I'll find a bush for you to sleep in, lol.

Reactions: Bibs

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads