Hi all from Oregon

Pati

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I happened upon this site whilst surfing the net for like minded folk. Currently I reside at the tale end of the Willamette Valley here in Oregon, but I am itching to leave this concrete jungle for a simpler life, eventually off grid completely. It seems an insurmountable task, being as green to this idea as Kermit himself. It's an idea that I am struggling to wrap my brain around. How does one just walk away? I'm not a home owner, but I have (what I perceive as) civilized obligations. I'm willing to put in the time and effort to learn....but I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I turn 40 this year and I'M fuckin' DONE with this lifestyle. Like minds right? Any sites/groups/books/people I should start with????? I'm a blank thirsty slate and a fiesty Leo ready to get back to the trees. :)

Dmac

Reaction score
Hi! Glad you found the site.

gatoradewade

Reaction score
Greetings! Check the Library link up on the topbar of this here website. Also the sidebar over on reddit.com/r/vagabond has pretty useful stuff, although there's some overlap. Also, look into helpx or wwoofing, good opportunities about for learning offgrid skills alongside others. Just do your best to make sure you're going to a safe place.

Happy journeys,
Wade

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads