Photos - HEyo Howdy my name is Riki! | Squat the Planet

Photos HEyo Howdy my name is Riki!

R

rikiofthecreek

Completely and entirely new here. I'm a nonbinary (they/he) human who makes weird paper mache heads that i like to put on and dance around- looking especially now to get out of dodge. I am quite the leftist who enjoys bread baking, community dinners with long long tables, reading out loud or being read out loud to, and swimming in creeks. I'm wondering what kind of resources are out there and these days I'm really wanting to find like minded pals/ community. At the current juncture I found myself back with my folks due to covid which would be fine if they weren't very far right to a disturbing and nauseating extent. Any guidance or resources of how to help with this situation is much appreciated and all of the love forever to you- Riki (can)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome to the community! yeah my dad is pretty ultra right, but my mom is a bit more reasonable despite being pretty religious. honestly it's put a bit of a rift between me and my dad and we're not allowed to talk politics in the house cause it just turns into yelling matches. not much advice there other than to avoid hot topics i guess and try to get outta there asap.

where do you want to go? what's your chosen mode of transportation?

FawnGone

Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to the community. I'm a newbie here on this site as well.

You're in Boston? I'm in western MA. I do a lot of animal rights activism in the Boston area to keep me sane, and there is a really great community of people involved. I know Food not Bombs in Boston does stuff, too, though I've never hung out with them. The XR Boston folks are awesome, too. My buddy Allen did a huge banner drop on the Citgo sign last year and they were hosting regular meet ups, but not sure about now.

I guess what I'm saying is if the living situation feels stifling, try to find some likeminded peeps doing stuff you care about to help center you and keep you feeling ok until you can get out. (Of course this also depends on your level of comfort being in public right now). I'm also always down to meet up or hang out, and you're welcome to come out at the cottage here in western MA for a couple days if you need to get out and breathe for a bit.

R

rikiofthecreek

You're in Boston? I'm in western MA. I do a lot of animal rights activism in the Boston area to keep me sane, and there is a really great community of people involved. I know Food not Bombs in Boston does stuff, too, though I've never hung out with them. The XR Boston folks are awesome, too. My buddy Allen did a huge banner drop on the Citgo sign last year and they were hosting regular meet ups, but not sure about now.

I guess what I'm saying is if the living situation feels stifling, try to find some likeminded peeps doing stuff you care about to help center you and keep you feeling ok until you can get out. (Of course this also depends on your level of comfort being in public right now). I'm also always down to meet up or hang out, and you're welcome to come out at the cottage here in western MA for a couple days if you need to get out and breathe for a bit.

Thank yew so much :)

Yeah I was doing some mutual aid business when I was in Denver this whole year, but ended up having to kick it back home temporarily for winter. So I've been looking to connect with folks doing any kind of activism in the boston area. Thats so neat about the citgo sign! Yeah see the pandemic is breaking my extrovert heart with lack of meetups, but hey someday-

I've been making real sure to do that lately, my friend lives in a school bus and we ran away for a few days which was nice, but yanno I imagine theres only so much time they would want me sleeping in their bed lol- I would absolutely love to meetup/hangout/eat soup however that looks for you :) kind soul u r

R

rikiofthecreek

welcome to the community! yeah my dad is pretty ultra right, but my mom is a bit more reasonable despite being pretty religious. honestly it's put a bit of a rift between me and my dad and we're not allowed to talk politics in the house cause it just turns into yelling matches. not much advice there other than to avoid hot topics i guess and try to get outta there asap.

where do you want to go? what's your chosen mode of transportation?
Thank yew!!!! Yeah it's tough stuff, especially when everything is so quarantine, tension is one hell of a thing. It's only been a couple months, so I'm doin fine just not something I want for long term.

Thats the kicker! I guess where I want to go is wherever there is warm nice folks, I'm pretty down to go anywhere, I got wheels, I really want to hop trains- my partner does that kind of stuff but their down in nashville and we're saving it for warmer climates. What are you doing these days ?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thank yew!!!! Yeah it's tough stuff, especially when everything is so quarantine, tension is one hell of a thing. It's only been a couple months, so I'm doin fine just not something I want for long term.

Thats the kicker! I guess where I want to go is wherever there is warm nice folks, I'm pretty down to go anywhere, I got wheels, I really want to hop trains- my partner does that kind of stuff but their down in nashville and we're saving it for warmer climates. What are you doing these days ?
oh man, im stuck like everyone else, but im making plans to escape at the end of march and do a solid 9 or so months of traveling. preparing my car (that i'll be living in) and mapping a route to knock off a bunch of travel destinations on my bucket list.

im going to start making some youtube videos soon of my preparations and eventual travels, so im really looking forward to that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads