Hey

carolinesucks

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Caroline. I'm from Seattle. I like to skate and play music and be outside. I'm pretty stoked that this website exists

I'm about to head out on my first trip down the west coast with my best friend, Erik. We're gonna hit up all the skate parks, a few hikes and swim spots, and see some friends along the way.
If anyone who reads this knows about some cool places to stop or some punk shows happening around the west coast in September let me know!

Thanks for reading. :)

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
Yo, Caroline.

I'm taking the west coast down right now. Exploring a lot of new places. Learned about some valuable resources, too.

I haven't skated in 15+ years, but if you end up going through PDX/Eugene, they have sweet parks. They're both pretty sketch at night, though.

Update this thread as you go and we can help each other.

When you leave? How you moving?

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
Update: Santa Cruz (duh) has deep skate culture. Saw at least one nice park.
Monterey has a rad park in a really cool spot. It was designed by 40 local skaters. Saw a bunch of videos being filmed there and some crazy skills, even from the youngbloods.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

carolinesucks

Reaction score
@carolinesucks did this trip pan out? just curious.

Yea it did!! Well kinda. We took like 3 weeks down the coast and got to SF and ran out of money and decided to get a seasonal job in the grand canyon for a month. So we're here till October. then we'll have some more money and hopefully a banjo. Going to texas to skate after this job.

Skidkidfox

Reaction score
yo you should go to slab city for the jambo at the end of october if you're still around. Also hopefully i'll be around that area during that time so definitely lemme know

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
fuck yeah if you can get down to slab city in time after your job you'll get in on a sweet mad max party in the desert :D

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads