hey everybody im journals

Journals

Reaction score
im new to the site and i am leaving maybe tomorrow if mar mar has room in her van ( i hope ) to head to flordia.... i was wondering if my gear is to excessive... i will also be adding a sleeping bag at the top of my pack.....

Im from upstate ny, i make bitter jaded music and am out to meet all you fine kids out and about!

Goal is to play a show in slab city in feb that bill says i can put on! Are you on the road? Do you make music?

Journals

Reaction score
1482330908106.jpg

Renegade

Reaction score
Hey journals. Welcome! I dont think your gear is exsessive if you are gonna be in a van..,but that would be uncomfortable to hitch or hop trains with.. its a lot to carry if you are gonna be walking all day.

D

Deleted member 125

i wouldnt say its exsessive, although sometime ide try to condense it down to all fit into one bag, whether its a bigger pack or you trim down yer gear. i know i like to have all my shit exactly where i want it to be so having 2 bags like that would drive me a bit insane. but if yer in a van i guess its not much of a problem.

D

deleted user

Hey man, welcome. It's nice to see a fellow new Yorker join stp. If you are around in the slabs till March/April will probably bump into eachother. Be sure to check out the library

Journals

Reaction score
Hey everybody, i missed my ride and am looking to leave next week... id like to just head west at rhis point, any advice? i busk and am looking to hit cities that are warm enough to play in... maybe i should get to sc then head west?

also question on what boots or shoes to wear...i settled on mid boots with a nice sole, they habe a heal but are sturdy and newer...

My hiking boots have holes in the soles...

im nervous, but atleast im at a bar now... and i got invited to some ladies plave wjere a mini party shall ensue

nice to meet you all, i hope i see atleast all of you

1482454604832.jpg

Renegade

Reaction score
Hey everybody, i missed my ride and am looking to leave next week... id like to just head west at rhis point, any advice? i busk and am looking to hit cities that are warm enough to play in... maybe i should get to sc then head west?

also question on what boots or shoes to wear...i settled on mid boots with a nice sole, they habe a heal but are sturdy and newer...

My hiking boots have holes in the soles...

im nervous, but atleast im at a bar now... and i got invited to some ladies plave wjere a mini party shall ensue

nice to meet you all, i hope i see atleast all of you

View attachment 34650

I suppose it depends on what you are gonna be doing.. redwing boots are well made if you have money to toss around.. Id definitely get down the coast if i were u and then head west perhaps interstate 10 west.. its a good route i have used..whats your sleeping bag rated at? Looks rather light for the cold.. even in a van your ass will freeze.. unless you have a car safe space heater..

D

deleted user

i will be down near new Orleans in a week? Any squats you know of?
@Raging Bird has a hostel he's been working on down there, do a search for his thread he will more than likely put you up for work exchange, I've been meaning to hit him up to check it out myself, other than that if you decide to crash in the 9th Ward it's best to do so with people who you you trust it's dicey over there. There are alot of squatable houses but I personally wouldn't ever wing that again. The hostel is a sure thing and probably great company to the contrary of something like crashing a night with random hardcore heroin users. Message me if you're down there I've been planning to hit him up and January is my last free month before I go back to work

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads