Hey all

T

tumbleweave

Once upon a time i had a username on this site, but after a few years i cant remember any of the log in shit... thus, i am new again. Just here for useful tips and info while out on the road, maybe find some folks to meet up with, and to share whatever knowledge i may hold thats useful to whoever.

a little more about myself: Been living in a big ol collective house in Detroit for the last few years (good chance ive meet some of you from this), i dig taking photos (aspiring to do this for a living... but for now gotta peter parker that shit), im a cook. love exploring the city i live, love exploring places in new to. other than that its the usual... enjoy drinking, and long walks on the beach, etc, etc.

see yall around!

Fadentyme

Reaction score
Fuck.. Kinda feels cosy in this place. My first time on this site. first post. nothin extraordinary happening.. I'm a born wanderer thus I find myself here.
I read the rules.. apparently I must post, so here shie goes.. This land is your land, this land is my land. Seems like some really nice intelligent people in here.
THis guy I'm posting under seems cool. Kinda reminds me of the cook in the movie Das Boot.

bicycle

Reaction score
hey Tumble, do you wnat to share your photos with us?
I am extremely curious

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Deeee-tooowwwnnn! Good shit, man; I'm on the other side of the state from ya - Muskegon, to be exact. Shithole town, not doing anything nearly as cool as living in a collective house; I did a fair amount of that while going to skool in A2, though. Have you ever seen that crazy-ass art project type-thing that a bunch of college students did in one of the abandoned neighbourhoods in Detroit? I don't know if it's still up; this was several years ago. Here's a link to it (I had to see if I could find it, and indeed, I did): http://www.theatlantic.com/national...urban-folk-art-the-heidelberg-project/242934/. It was some creepy-ass, amazing shit; I would definitely suggest you check it out... Anyways! Welcome to the boArds!! :)

T

tumbleweave

Yeah man, i would love to share some photos. only problem at the moment is... im a fucking idiot and never backed my shit up (and lost a good portoion of everything ive shot over the last year. but im still holding up hope that i can get more of that stuff back. luckly i do have a lot of stuff posted as jpegs on a few different random spots on the internet. so its pretty much a matter of getting around and retreaving whatever i can. needless to say, lesson learned.

Oh man, the Heidelberg project! actually the real life story is way more interesting than a bunch of college kids. basicallly this guy (tyree gutton or something along those lines) grew up in the neighborhood, then left for new york for a while. Upon his returrn he started painting polkadots on the crack houses in his old neighborhood, forcing the crack dealers to move out (because aparently you cant sell crack out of a house with polkadots) and just never stopped. the city constantly trying to demolish parts of it as they are building, but the spots been blowing up a lot over the last few years in the media, so its becomming sort of a world famous art project at this point.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads