Photos - here's a photo album of my little Volvo campercar build | Squat the Planet

Photos here's a photo album of my little Volvo campercar build

D

Deleted member 25988

Hey y'all,

So I thought I would show you guys my little Volvo 740 wagon. It's a 1989 with 410,000KM (261,000 miles.). Picked her up for just $950! It gets 10L/100 KM or about 23/24 MPG. Everything works fine, I just had to do some minor maintenance like brakes and battery.

I unbolted the passenger seat and removed the rear seats as well. Built a floor where the seat was for extra storage space. Blacked out the windows to the lowest possible setting. Picked up an airbed & sleeping bag from Canadian Tire.

Overall it's a sweet little machine. There's obviously not as much room as a van but for the money it'll do for now. Long term I'll probably get a van for a larger living space.

Location is south British Columbia Canada.

Photos here >>>

Hobo richard

Reaction score
Thank you for these pictures... it is my dream to take up rubber tramping, saving cash to buy a vehicle, willl probably take a few years...

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
that's funny, i totally saw your post on /r/vandwellers

dprogram

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

So I thought I would show you guys my little Volvo 740 wagon. It's a 1989 with 410,000KM (261,000 miles.). Picked her up for just $950! It gets 10L/100 KM or about 23/24 MPG. Everything works fine, I just had to do some minor maintenance like brakes and battery.

I unbolted the passenger seat and removed the rear seats as well. Built a floor where the seat was for extra storage space. Blacked out the windows to the lowest possible setting. Picked up an airbed & sleeping bag from Canadian Tire.

Overall it's a sweet little machine. There's obviously not as much room as a van but for the money it'll do for now. Long term I'll probably get a van for a larger living space.

Location is south British Columbia Canada.

Photos here >>>

Perfect stealthy build! The idea is to spend as little time in your vehicle as possible...(IMO). It's just your bed. (mostly) Have you named it yet?

r3yn

Reaction score
Man! West Coast touring with a station wagon is PREFERRED, in my opinion; vans are too big. Station wagons are so stealth and light on the gas. Beautiful setup, man. When I come back to Vancoooovah / the Island one day, I'm going to do that very setup. Well, personally I'd keep the passenger seat in for partners in crime or hitchhikers. But that's me.

If you use the fairy lights at night, can people outside see through the tinted glass?

Reactions: dprogram

r3yn

Reaction score
I loved those vehicles. I grew up as a child with one. The removable back seats faced backwards and we called them the “Batman” seats, lol

Shit that sounds familiar.... Did my family also call them that? I can't remember, right now... but they definitely had a name like that.

I miss those days... when you and your fam would sit back there and make faces at people. Some people would smile. Others would look stern and angry. It was then that I realized there are so many people that hate fun, and prefer to be indignant. Hard to break away from that and remember all the other people that smiled and made faces, back.

Reactions: YellowBlazer
D

Deleted member 25988

Man! West Coast touring with a station wagon is PREFERRED, in my opinion; vans are too big. Station wagons are so stealth and light on the gas. Bea

If you use the fairy lights at night, can people outside see through the tinted glass?
Man! West Coast touring with a station wagon is PREFERRED, in my opinion; vans are too big. Station wagons are so stealth and light on the gas. Beautiful setup, man. When I come back to Vancoooovah / the Island one day, I'm going to do that very setup. Well, personally I'd keep the passenger seat in for partners in crime or hitchhikers. But that's me.

Yeah you can see a little bit, so I only turn on if I'm not concerned about stealth mode.

And yeah a wagon is way easier to hide out. Some dudes here have massive RVs and are parking in front of people's houses....like what? No. It's assholes like that who are making all the trouble on Dallas Road right now...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads