Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts,

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
otherwise why he said *Thou shall not kill*, Thou shall not adultery, Thou shall not steal etc ? was he an fool ? that he said these things without any reason ?

This guy got banned i think but...
The bible says there is a time to kill.
Jesus i think even said something close to that.
But do it with a heart full of saddness. Do not rejoice...

Reactions: Drengor

William Howard 2

Reaction score
Your all wrong the answer is 42

Not like this makes me an expert, but my degree was in Theology before I went bat shit crazy and lived in the woods. Maybe I can help clarify things a little that the OP was trying to say? I guess I can't let my past go. And I'm kinda bored. Mostly bored.

So the OP opens up with a question about knowledge - "can you tell me all of your details of your past?" Then he plugs in a formula - "if you can't tell me all there is to know about A, then B must be true" Without thinking too much, I know In logic this is called a "formal logic error" because it relies on what's called "arguing from ignorance" - we can't make any positive statements from a negative one, unless it's in a strict binary opposition (so like if something isn't alive, we know the opposite of life is death, so we can infer that it's dead). Classical religions and philosophy depended on knowing, not about not knowing as it's inspiration. That's why, contrary to popular thought, they employed the disciplines and sciences to explore the nature of reality, and then they formed beliefs about the workings of nature from those investigations, just like we do today.

So basically if your still reading and interested, first off holy crap. Second, it gets more boring and technical.

OK so like he's talking about classical Hinduism. First off, the major theme of both Hinduism and Buddhism is about liberation. You have liberation or freedom from the cycles of "death and rebirth", and liberation from "suffering". Most people take the whole cycles of death and rebirth way too literally. Strangely enough at the same time, in Greece we had Plato teach about his "immortality of the soul", known today through his "Myth of Ur" in "The Republic", as well as his other books. We see in the Greek version of reincarnation that it's tied very closely too numerology and mathematics, which leads me to think it was meant as more of an allegory, a platonic framework in which to express the way older, pythagorean (ugh however you spell that) ideas. And in the Bhagavad-Gita (Hindu text written at the same time) you see the same number drops. Some researchers think it has to do with astronomy, recording an event known as "precession".

OK so to sum up one aspect of the reincarnation "allegory" is that it has to do with mathematics - it's just that we don't have much written documents left that explain its meaning. So you bored now? I'll just make one more point and then go jerk off or something. That's more productive then studying this. Seriously.

So I think to unravel the meaning of "the cycles of rebirth and death", Aristotle gives the best possible explanation. So Aristotle developed a description of how identity, or character, forms. We still actually use this today in Ethics ("Virtue Ethics") and Psychology. To sum up, the formula goes sort of like this - inherited traits like dispositions and circumstances start the person off. An event happens. The person then makes a choice based on their circumstances and character traits. The person then reflects on it. Lastly, in what's called a "feedback loop", the person's original character is modified depending on the choice they made. Rinse and repeat.

You following? OK it gets more confusing. We can see that the "cycles of rebirth and death" are also tied to another related idea - finding ones true, unchanging self ("Atman"). So let's try and put all this together. If you take Aristotles formula, you get the idea that through your actions, your character, what makes you you, is always changing based on your actions. So in a way, your always "dying and being reborn" -, the new you replaces the old you. Liberation, then, must mean that your new you and your old you must be the same. The Atman true self idea must mean that "if you align your actions with your true self, then you cease going through the cycles of rebirth".

I'm gonna stop here. It killed about an hour and a half at least. Anyone bother to read this? It's a lot to follow.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads