Hennessy Hammock | Squat the Planet

Hennessy Hammock

kidbob

Reaction score
i recently bought a hammock from wal mart (hiking section),cost about 30 bones and folds up into a pouch that fits into a canteen pocket on my pack(just a lil bigger than a softball) its made from parrachute material, threads might not be that great around the tie offs but i used a rock and re tied it and have no problems, the hammaock its self is a solid peice with the only seams being at the front and back where u tie off.its super light weight really cheap and holds 300 pounds confirmed,i grabed a fatty one night and didnt even think about it,just got up in there with her and did the dirty, probably wont do it again, but im 175 and it is perfect,once laying down u feel like ur peeking out of a vagina and onlookers might mistake u for a blue bannana but its a great deal, hammock is about 9 foot long, and even on a breezey night i didnt flip over,only down side...no rain tarp(problem solved with a regular tarp) and like i said on a breezy night.....in a sub zero mummy bag the wind rips through that hammock into my bag and just my bum and my toes got cold (fixed with a thick blanket). good deal tho,im happy with it,lil spray paint and im in the jungle baby

Reactions: Mankini and Meg
A

Arapala

Didn't know walmart had hammocks now. I'm glad hammocks are making a break into the mainstream. I heard south American tribesman traveled the jungles with them. Glad you got to test out the hammock for sex. I think the best way is to use it like a sex swing so give that a try haha.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Im gonna get this one: http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/dd_jungle_hammock
I like it cause this model, you can set up as a hammock or set it up on the ground as a bivy. and because of the poles at the head and feet, it's really roomy inside. you don't feel all scrunched up in a cocoon like in other hammocks. it's a bit pricey at 177 bucks, but fuck it..... I'm buying myself some good NEW gear for once in my life

Last edited:
Reactions: briancray and East

East

Reaction score
I really like the versatility of being able to set it up on the ground as a bivy as well. Nice find man. Setup doesn't look very bad either judging by stuff on youtube.

Reactions: iamwhatiam

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Im gonna get this one: http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/dd_jungle_hammock
I like it cause this model, you can set up as a hammock or set it up on the ground as a bivy. and people of the poles at the head and feet, it's really roomy inside. you don't feel all scrunched up in a cocoon like in other hammocks. it's a bit pricey at 177 bucks, but fuck it..... I'm buying myself some good NEW gear for once in my life

You sold me man. I am going to save up some money and get this. Sell my tent and bivy probably and have enough to get this. Looks spacious enough that condensation will not be an issue as a jungle hammock and in the summer just use it as a bivy. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: East and iamwhatiam

Rover

Drifting away
Reaction score
This thread looks a little stale, but I have a Hennessy expedition, and I probably won't buy an other one. They work well enough, but there are less expensive options that work well enough. A while back there was some good info on the forum about making your own hammock for like $20.

You could do a search on it, but This was the most informative website mentioned.
http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeHammock.html

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads