Help with the DEEP WEB

3rdEyeVision

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I've cruised around the deep Web a bit, mostly just from the hidden wiki. There is a lot of really interesting and truly horrible stuff like others have said. It's worth checking out. If anyone finds cool onion links post them here.

About the anonymity, yes, tor isn't 100% anonymous, but you're pretty safe as long as a government organization isn't after you.

That being said, a good tip is two chain two vpns together before browsing out to the deep Web, which practically makes it impossible to be traced down to your home IP (Google it).

Thanks Matt. I will try the chaining of the vpns next time I dive in deep. I will let you and everyone else know on here some things I have found that are interesting.

K

Kim Chee

Oh yeah, while you're busy trying to figure out the secrets of the universe remember that you will be running into mountains of disinformation and misinformation to get to that tasty yet useless tidbit.

....or you can just go out and find out for yourself.

3rdEyeVision

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah, while you're busy trying to figure out the secrets of the universe remember that you will be running into mountains of disinformation and misinformation to get to that tasty yet useless tidbit.

....or you can just go out and find out for yourself.

I'm not going into the deep web with the mentality of trying to find "secrets of the universe" and I certainly am aware there will be plenty of misinformation there too. Just because it's on the deep web doesn't necessarily make it any more or less true than the regular web. I am simply interested in seeing what the deep web has to offer.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Psi em

Reaction score
At first this reminded me a lot of OpenNIC. I created a domain name via OpenNIC once so I could publish notes without fear of copyright infringement. I figured a lot of people used it for that. Make information public (accessible to anyone who can figure out how to access it) but keep it away from the eyes of corporations and squares. 98% of the stuff I've seen on OpenNIC sites would probably bore you to tears.

This makes me feel old. Back in my younger years, the dirt work was done via internet relay chats. Maybe I've been in the woods a bit too long. lol

3rdEyeVision

Banned
Reaction score
At first this reminded me a lot of OpenNIC. I created a domain name via OpenNIC once so I could publish notes without fear of copyright infringement. I figured a lot of people used it for that. Make information public (accessible to anyone who can figure out how to access it) but keep it away from the eyes of corporations and squares. 98% of the stuff I've seen on OpenNIC sites would probably bore you to tears.

This makes me feel old. Back in my younger years, the dirt work was done via internet relay chats. Maybe I've been in the woods a bit too long. lol

Sounds like you could use some new deep web journeys?

Psi em

Reaction score
Sounds like you could use some new deep web journeys?

Going back off grid after the library closes in a few hours. But I'll dig into it while bored in town sometime and report back if there's anything cool. I fail at most things in life but for some reason, mining through data is a breeze (HFA). Will check in.

3rdEyeVision

Banned
Reaction score
Going back off grid after the library closes in a few hours. But I'll dig into it while bored in town sometime and report back if there's anything cool. I fail at most things in life but for some reason, mining through data is a breeze (HFA). Will check in.

Alright fella well good luck and stay sharp.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
for folks that want to know how to chain vpns, here's a decent tutorial:

http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/chain-vpns-for-complete-anonymity-0131368/

just remember that using a paid vpn is much better than a free vpn. you can pay for these services with currencies like bitcoin via cash if you like, for ultra anonymity. make sure to do some research on the vpn first to make sure they have a good reputation for not handing over user information.

3rdEyeVision

Banned
Reaction score
So I reached a point today as I was swimmin' deep and I came across a wiki page that said you needed to have a "closed shell system" in order to access the links provided on there. Some of the links' descriptions were fucked up and I wasn't interested in clicking those obviously but there were some other links that had to do with what I am looking for. Anyone heard of a "closed shell system" and if so how to get your computer to do that?

K

Kim Chee

Part of what keeps me away from looking into the deep web is that eventually I may click on something that is illegal to even look at, much less download. Besides, I haven't even scratched the surface of what can be found with google.

...or maybe I'm just getting old.

3rdEyeVision

Banned
Reaction score
Part of what keeps me away from looking into the deep web is that eventually I may click on something that is illegal to even look at, much less download. Besides, I haven't even scratched the surface of what can be found with google.

...or maybe I'm just getting old.

Yeah I've thought about that too. I won't click on any link if it doesn't have a description of what I'm clicking on and even then it's still risky. Life is full of risks though...sometimes ya gotta take em if you feel it's worth it I guess.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I have no idea what that could mean, it's a very vague phrase. If you find out I would be curious to know.

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
That being said, a good tip is two chain two vpns together before browsing out to the deep Web, which practically makes it impossible to be traced down to your home IP (Google it).

I prefer just cracking into innocent people's wifi networks and browsing from their IP (using a stolen laptop, of course [preferably stolen from a single parent or low-income student]).

Cxr - life lessons with cxr1037

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I prefer just cracking into innocent people's wifi networks and browsing from their IP (using a stolen laptop, of course [preferably stolen from a single parent or low-income student]).

Cxr - life lessons with cxr1037

What exactly is that supposed to mean? I want to think you're joking, but it sounds like you're implying we are criminals hurting people or something, which I take offense to.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of Silk Road (silkroad.com)? It's a site created for anonymous users to buy any kind of drug you could imagine (apparently). You're supposed to download a TOR browser so that it remains anonymous but I can't get past the downloading of Tor. Any help???

B

Benny

Anyone ever heard of Silk Road (silkroad.com)? It's a site created for anonymous users to buy any kind of drug you could imagine (apparently). You're supposed to download a TOR browser so that it remains anonymous but I can't get past the downloading of Tor. Any help???

BurnReno posted this link on Tor and the silk road.> http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=229525 <

I looked it up a few years ago and it was interesting but i wouldn't dare order anything. You know big brother is seriously monitoring that site and your freedom is worth a lot more than a bag of pills.

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
What exactly is that supposed to mean? I want to think you're joking, but it sounds like you're implying we are criminals hurting people or something, which I take offense to.

Well I hadn't thought about it that way before, but it really adds a new dimension to my reply!

CxR - more of a humorous anecdote than a joke

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads