help with a sound

bote

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this.

I'm in the outer banks, sleeping on the beach, and there is a beautiful, high pitched ringing sound, like a finger going round a wine glass, coming from the ocean. It's pretty windy. Has anyone ever heard this or know what it is/ is causing it?

Attachments

• 20240120_234127.m4a
    368.7 KB · Views: 64

ali

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but i love it. Thank you for sharing. I heard the same sound a couple times in Barranquilla on a windy day. The best i could figure it had something to do with wind pushing in between metal railings along the side of the river. Outfall pipes maybe?

• Useful
Reactions: bote

bote

Reaction score
yeah , my first thought was wind whistling through wires. I'll look tomorrow in daylight. For now I'm going to imagine it whistling through the rigging of a ghost ship, or the beach sand somehow approximating glass. Spent a little time in Cartagena, wanted to make it to Baranquilla but never did. Lucky you!

sevedemanos

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but i love it. Thank you for sharing. I heard the same sound a couple times in Barranquilla on a windy day. The best i could figure it had something to do with wind pushing in between metal railings along the side of the river. Outfall pipes maybe?

experienced the metal rail thing once. sounded so nice tried to record it, couldnt really capture w phone though.. the wind blurted everything out

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads