HELP! (SLO-Bay Area)

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

When your having a hard time, it's always a good idea to ask an infoshop.

The Long Haul Infoshop 3124 Shattuck Ave. Berkeley CA. 94705
Subrosa Infoshop 703 Pacific Ave., Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Rasmus

Reaction score
I've been stealth camping off-trail in the Bay Area for years and have never had problems with cops or rangers (not for that reason, anyway). If you're discrete and out of view of the trail, you'll be fine.

It's particularly easy in the state parks (Marin Headlands, Mount Tamalpais Watershed, Samuel Taylor State Park, etc.) because the budget cuts have all but eliminated ranger patrols. Beaches are great, too. I've camped dozens of times at Rodeo ("Cronkite") Beach and Tennessee Beach in the north and on Ocean Beach in the south. Free camping is easy in the Bay Area if you know where to go.

I've got some other tips on wilderness squatting the Bay Area on my blog hobocynic.blogspot.com.

Happy trails,

-Rasmus

Reactions: Coywolf

Oranges

Reaction score
Awesome! thank you! We've been staying in a lot of natl forests on our way up north. Theres so much wilderness up here its cake. :]

And hell yes youll see me at rainbow, soooo close haha

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, the replies on this thread are stupid. Dont pay attention to the elitist crap that comes out of some peoples mouths. But seriously it is really difficult to car camp on the california coast, Oregon is a whole different story. That is why I usually ditch my truck and hitch up and down the coast, alot easier. If your in Oregon make sure you check out Eugene and the coast up here. Super easy squatting. Good luck!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads