Hello

Robie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I joined a couple of months ago but have not really had time or wifi signal to introduce myself. As I put in my profile, I retired from the navy at 37 and worked for about 15 years before deciding I would rather travel than work. So I sold all I had, loaded my 2 dogs (3 when I started) in an RV and hit the road. I am moving as the weather permits and am currently sitting in the so cal area. I have no destinations, no schedules and am not concerned about my future. Hope to meet some of you on the road someday, I do pick up riders as I can, but I spend a lot of time on back roads and in BLM areas I found StP from a younger friend that joined me for about 5 months on the road.

Reactions: wizehop

Luke Erie

Reaction score
Welcome Bro! I came to the same conclusion a few years ago. I'm here in Ohio, hoping to head out your way sometime next year and avoid the snow. Maybe we can share a campfire someday. Cool looking dog!

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Always nice to see a squid popping up on the site. A very late howdy pertaining to the time frame of your introduction, better late than never I suppose. One is never to old or late to start a adventure. ;) Wish you nothing but the best of luck in your new chapter of life. Safe travel's.

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
For some reason my post was shown twice, not sure if it is on my end pertaining to data issues so please disregard this post I am posting.

Last edited:

Robie

Reaction score
Always nice to see a squid popping up on the site. A very late howdy pertaining to the time frame of your introduction, better late than never I suppose. One is never to old or late to start a adventure. ;) Wish you nothing but the best of luck in your new chapter of life. Safe travel's.
Thank you for the greeting none the less. I have to say so far it has been beyond great. I can't imagine ever going back to the life I had before. I still don't know why I didn't hit the road after I retired from the Navy. Probably one of the most moronic things I ever did...but thats ok...I am better today and getting better as time goes on.

Reactions: sandpaper cowboy

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads