Hello world! | Squat the Planet

Hello world!

PerunaUcco

Reaction score
Heya, im Spiidi, a lad in his twenties from Finland.

I have been interested in traveling the world for some time now and decided to make an account here, since there is like minded individuals.

Currently looking to starting backpacking around Europe using freighthopping as a traveling method, and hopefully i can find someone who is a bit more experienced in this to show me around for a while.
Looking forward to getting to know people in the scene around Europe!

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Welcome Sipiidi, thanks for joining us! The train hopping community in Europe is not nearly as developed as it is in the United States so it's probably going to be harder for you to find people that want to travel that way and that mode of travel in general is harder to do in Europe than the United States because of the different types of train cars and routes that are involved. But, that said, I would probably do some searches on the message board here to see what information you can find, and then also take a look at hitchwiki.org. Hitch wiki tends to be more Europe-centric, and I know folks on their train hop sometimes. Hitchhiking in general is often a good way to start out until you can learn more about train hopping and find others that are also interested in train hopping and perhaps have a little more experience with it than yourself. That's honestly probably the easiest way to get into train hopping is to start out hitchhiking until you meet others that train hop regularly.

PerunaUcco

Reaction score
Thanks Matt! I have noticed train hopping isn't that much of a thing over here in Europe, but im still curious if it is a somewhat sustainable method. Found some useful bits of information on these forums already. I will take a look at hitchwiki and see where things go from there on. Cheers for pointing me to hitchwiki!

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads